PDA

View Full Version : Great day on the water

licker
October 10th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Went fishing yesterday despite the possibility of showers (45 percent).
Drove two hours to get there , 30 minute boat ride to the fishing hole to
find out the trolling motor did not charge up. Decided to drift the bayou
with the current. Glad I did.

First cast 25 inch redfish. Second cast 15 inch speck. Every cast I was
getting some type of hit. Managed to fish for 45 minutes before the rain
started. In the 45 minutes of fishing I managed 5 redfish all in the 5 lbs.
to 7.50 lbs. range. 15 specks in the 1 to 2 lbs. range and three black drums
with two weighing 5 to 5.5 lbs. and one weighing 42 lbs.

I all fish were caught using live shrimp on a Carolina rig on oyster bottom
bayou in good OLE Southern Louisiana.

Sarge