PDA

View Full Version : Hodgman Waders

bob
November 1st, 2003, 12:23 AM
I just bought a pair of Hodman DuraMags from www.woodburyoutfitters.com does
anyone know if I got a good deal?

Chas Wade
November 1st, 2003, 07:14 AM
"bob" > wrote:
>I just bought a pair of Hodman DuraMags from
>www.woodburyoutfitters.com does
>anyone know if I got a good deal?

So, let me see. You are either one of those guys that has to brag
about whatever he pays for something, or you're looking for abuse from
a bunch of guys who could have told you where to go if you'd only asked.

What's the point of your question?

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Hooked
November 1st, 2003, 07:20 AM
Umm...

Spam???

"Chas Wade" > wrote in message
> "bob" > wrote:
> >I just bought a pair of Hodman DuraMags from
> >www.woodburyoutfitters.com does
> >anyone know if I got a good deal?
> >
> So, let me see. You are either one of those guys that has to brag
> about whatever he pays for something, or you're looking for abuse from
> a bunch of guys who could have told you where to go if you'd only asked.
>
> What's the point of your question?
>
> Chas
> remove fly fish to reply
> http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Chas Wade
November 1st, 2003, 07:27 AM
"Hooked" > wrote:
>Umm...
>
>Spam???

Now I'm sure you're right. It is one of the stupidest spams I've seen.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Cornmuse
November 1st, 2003, 05:53 PM
You got screwed.

"bob" > wrote in message
.com...
> I just bought a pair of Hodman DuraMags from www.woodburyoutfitters.com
does
> anyone know if I got a good deal?

Stephen Welsh
November 1st, 2003, 10:38 PM
"bob" > wrote in
.com:

> I just bought a pair of Hodman DuraMags from
> www.woodburyoutfitters.com does anyone know if I got a good
> deal?

No ... not If you're going to use them for tying flys ... usually
breathables with neoprene bootys are far more comfortable for that.

Steve (Of course you need oversize slippers/loafers ...)

Guyz-N-Flyz
November 2nd, 2003, 01:38 PM
"Stephen Welsh" > wrote in message
> No ... not If you're going to use them for tying flys ... usually
> breathables with neoprene bootys are far more comfortable for that.
>

> Steve (Of course you need oversize slippers/loafers ...)

Steve have you tried tyin' in scub gear, yet? I do some of my best tyin'
in a gorilla suit, course it comes with its own feet included.

Op --Hodgeman's bought at www.wouldburnersoutflitters.con suck--

Stephen Welsh
November 2nd, 2003, 08:12 PM
"Guyz-N-Flyz" > wrote in
:

> "Stephen Welsh" > wrote in message
>> No ... not If you're going to use them for tying flys ...
>> usually breathables with neoprene bootys are far more
>> comfortable for that.
>>

>> Steve (Of course you need oversize slippers/loafers ...)
>
> Steve have you tried tyin' in scub gear, yet? I do some of my
> best tyin' in a gorilla suit, course it comes with its own feet
> included.
>
> Op --Hodgeman's bought at www.wouldburnersoutflitters.con
> suck--

Masks are a bugger to keep clear and what with wearing the hood 'n
all I could miss the dinner bell which means I may go hungry, or
more likely I'll cop a whack over the nadget for not paying
attention.
Gorilla suit sounds like a plan though ... should be easy to find
dubbing.

Steve

Guyz-N-Flyz
November 2nd, 2003, 09:42 PM
"Stephen Welsh" > wrote in message
> more likely I'll cop a whack over the nadget for not paying
> attention.

Don't mention this most unfortunate case of, potential, spousal abuse over
at ROFF, as fecal matter has hit the rotatin' blades attached to an electric
motor, in the "OT: Mmmmm, pig parts" thread. It's possible that someone
might call you a sissy-girly-man, if this get out.

> Gorilla suit sounds like a plan though ... should be easy to find
> dubbing.

I checked in on toutflies.com last night, and couldn't resist buyin' some
flies. Strange thing is, it got me to thinkin' that I ought to start tryin'
to tie flies again. I got as much tyin' stuff as I do fishin' gear, yet I'm
to lazy to learn on my own. I'm hopin', as cabin fever sets in, I'll sit my
duff down at the tyin' table and get motivated. Harry has some real nice
tutorials on his site, unfortunately, I no longer have a workin' 'puter at
home.

Funny thing is that I just love the looks of delicate dry flies: especially,
PMDs!

Op --Though I don't tie, I keep buyin' materials, hopin' that one day I
will catch on--

> Steve

Stephen Welsh
November 2nd, 2003, 11:02 PM
"Guyz-N-Flyz" > wrote in part
:

> I checked in on toutflies.com last night, and couldn't resist
> buyin' some flies.

Harry's flies sure do look temptin'.

> Strange thing is, it got me to thinkin' that
> I ought to start tryin' to tie flies again. I got as much tyin'
> stuff as I do fishin' gear, yet I'm to lazy to learn on my own.
> I'm hopin', as cabin fever sets in, I'll sit my duff down at the
> tyin' table and get motivated. Harry has some real nice
> tutorials on his site, unfortunately, I no longer have a workin'
> 'puter at home.
>
> Funny thing is that I just love the looks of delicate dry flies:
> especially, PMDs!

Normally I'd say start with simple things like nymphs and woollys
but if PMDs take your fancy then start with them! The usual
advice is to start with something that will work where you fish -
's one off the reasons woollys are good ... but if that something
is a PMD have at it.

Have at it,

Steve
(BTW: Gorilla might be a bit dark for the PMD adult ;)

Guyz-N-Flyz
November 3rd, 2003, 10:47 PM
"Stephen Welsh" > wrote in message

> Steve
> (BTW: Gorilla might be a bit dark for the PMD adult ;)

Yeah, I'm thinkin' I might need to invest in a Big Bird suit.

Op --Y'all do get Sesame Street across the pond, right?--

Stephen Welsh
November 3rd, 2003, 11:05 PM
"Guyz-N-Flyz" > partly wrat in
:

> Op --Y'all do get Sesame Street across the pond, right?--

We do indeed. Elmo seems to be a particular favourite
of talk show hosts here for some reason.

Steve

Guyz-N-Flyz
November 3rd, 2003, 11:13 PM
"Stephen Welsh" > wrote in message
> "Guyz-N-Flyz" > partly wrat in
> :
>

> > Op --Y'all do get Sesame Street across the pond, right?--
>

> We do indeed. Elmo seems to be a particular favourite
> of talk show hosts here for some reason.
>

> Steve

I was a Bert and Ernie guy, myself. Not surprisingly, I still love to watch
re-runs of the Muppets Show.

Op --I hope its cause I see so much tyin' potential in all the material,
but most likely I'm still a kid who likes mindless humor--

Stephen Welsh
November 4th, 2003, 01:24 AM
"Guyz-N-Flyz" > wrote in
:

> Op --I hope its cause I see so much tyin' potential in all the
> material, but most likely I'm still a kid who likes mindless
> humor--

Count on it.

;-)

S.

Sr.
November 4th, 2003, 02:19 AM
That's way high!!! Try Cabala's.
Sr.

"bob" > wrote in message
.com...
> I just bought a pair of Hodman DuraMags from www.woodburyoutfitters.com
does
> anyone know if I got a good deal?

brians
November 4th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Sr. wrote:

> That's way high!!! Try Cabala's.
> Sr.
>

> "bob" > wrote in message
> .com...
>
>>I just bought a pair of Hodman DuraMags from www.woodburyoutfitters.com
>
> does
>
>>anyone know if I got a good deal

I did a whois search on this website(slow day in the office). Note the
similarities to the above "bob" and the admin contact Robert.

Administrative Contact:
Crown, Robert
Coshocton Communications
1321 Elm Street
Coshocton, Ohio 43812
United States
(740) 623-0324 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Crown, Robert
Coshocton Communications
1321 Elm Street
Coshocton, Ohio 43812
United States
(740) 623-0324 Fax --

Just a wild guess, but I think "bob" overcharged himself on a pair of
waders. :-)

brians

riverman
November 5th, 2003, 11:19 AM
"brians" > wrote in message
> Sr. wrote:
>
> > That's way high!!! Try Cabala's.
> > Sr.
> >

> > "bob" > wrote in message
> > .com...
> >
> >>I just bought a pair of Hodman DuraMags from www.woodburyoutfitters.com
> >
> > does
> >
> >>anyone know if I got a good deal
>
> I did a whois search on this website(slow day in the office). Note the
> similarities to the above "bob" and the admin contact Robert.
>
> Administrative Contact:
> Crown, Robert
> Coshocton Communications
> 1321 Elm Street
> Coshocton, Ohio 43812
> United States
> (740) 623-0324 Fax --
> Technical Contact:
> Crown, Robert
> Coshocton Communications
> 1321 Elm Street
> Coshocton, Ohio 43812
> United States
> (740) 623-0324 Fax --
>
> Just a wild guess, but I think "bob" overcharged himself on a pair of
> waders. :-)

Hmmm, either Bob drives a hard bargain, or else he doesn't know how to
negotiate.
--riverman

Bill Kiene
November 8th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Hi Bob,

Simms has American made (Bozeman, MT) and pressure tested breathable waders
starting at $149US. They basically shut down all the import waders with that
move this past season. They have the Lightweight model that is actually
Gore-Tex for only $199.

Almost all if not all breathable waders except Simms are imported and have
extremely low production cost ($20-$30) to the large companies so they can
stick a big warranty on them. Many are almost like disposable waders?

Patagonia is the only real competitor that Simms has, but up to now they
have been playing catch up with their fit/tailoring.

I guess if you can find breathable import waders at $100 or less it would be
OK for people on a limited budget?

If you really use most low end, imported products like waders, boots, vests,
float tubes, pontoon boats etc, you will go through them quickly.

Soon the Feds should be going after Simms for building a wader monopoly like
Bill Gates did with Microsoft.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop