PDA

View Full Version : speaking of waders

tony
November 2nd, 2003, 12:05 AM
gday all
i just bought a pair of proline breathable bootless waders over the net
they are the first pair of this style waders i have seen ,feel great on are
very light but i was worried that they may be more fragile than the standard
rubber waders cos there are a lot of brambles around where i fishin the
southwest of western australia are these more easily punctured and are they
easily repaired i love them and dont want to ruin them i was thinking i
might have to wear the rubbers for the rough areas and the proline for open
areas tho that will be a pain in the arse, having to change to different
waders going from one place to another.also can anyone suggest a good pair
of wading boots to wear over them the streams i fish are of quite a slippery
nature
tony

Stephen Welsh
November 2nd, 2003, 12:40 AM
"tony" > wrote in
:

> gday all
> i just bought a pair of proline breathable bootless waders over
> the net
> they are the first pair of this style waders i have seen ,feel
> great on are very light but i was worried that they may be more
> fragile than the standard rubber waders cos there are a lot of
> brambles around where i fishin the southwest of western
> australia are these more easily punctured and are they easily
> repaired i love them and dont want to ruin them i was thinking i
> might have to wear the rubbers for the rough areas and the
> proline for open areas tho that will be a pain in the arse,
> having to change to different waders going from one place to
> another.also can anyone suggest a good pair of wading boots to
> wear over them the streams i fish are of quite a slippery nature
> tony

G'day Tony,
As a recent convert to breathamables I shared your concerns. I
hear tell they have a "shelf-life" compared with say the Hornes
you're probably talking about. I'm not going to worry about it too
much. I will be especially careful crossing barb-wire fences and
the like but blackeberrys etc I'm not going to be concerned about
.... I bought them for the comfort and if they get punctured I'll
repair them ... had to do it often enough with the Hornes anyway.

As to boots ... I have the Chota felt/studded model they are comfy
give pretty good grip. Actually that can be a blessing and a
nuisance its difficult to swivel on the balls of your feet once the
studs have bitten into a fence post or log.
I used them a bit wet wading /rock clambering on some of the tassie
lakes last year ... they were ok but did slip once or twice on the
hard granite boulders. I'll be removing the studs on those days
this time round.

See you in the soup,

Steve