PDA

View Full Version : Great Fly Swap 2004

Ronbo142
November 8th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Being a retired Marine and again too much time on my hands I was going to
start tying my submission. Is the old hagard swap master going to again run
the swap!

And if it the rain holds off I might be able to sneak out to the Little "J"
in a few weeks I did manage to catch an 18" Brown on a #18 Caddis fly a
915PM on the 3rd of July. No pictures just me and the fish.

Frank Church
November 10th, 2003, 12:34 PM
"Ronbo142" > wrote in message
> Being a retired Marine and again too much time on my hands I was going to
> start tying my submission. Is the old hagard swap master going to again
run
> the swap!

......the old, tired, gray, much put upon swapmeister has almost recovered
from last year so I will make another feeble attempt at running another
swap. (if running is the right word) If past years are any indicator,
there'll be a bunch of tiers. I think this year it will be called the "NO
EXCUSES FLY SWAP OF 2004". ;-) Stay tuned.

Frank Church
USAF RET

Hans van der Stroom
November 11th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Whatever your plans are Frank: you can count me in. You did a good job
running the swaps and I'm looking forward to join another. Please keep me
informed!

Hans van der Stroom
"Frank Church" > schreef in bericht

> "Ronbo142" > wrote in message
> > Being a retired Marine and again too much time on my hands I was going
> > start tying my submission. Is the old hagard swap master going to again
> run
> > the swap!
>
> .....the old, tired, gray, much put upon swapmeister has almost recovered
> from last year so I will make another feeble attempt at running another
> swap. (if running is the right word) If past years are any indicator,
> there'll be a bunch of tiers. I think this year it will be called the "NO
> EXCUSES FLY SWAP OF 2004". ;-) Stay tuned.
>
> Frank Church
> USAF RET

Danl
November 11th, 2003, 03:58 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message

> "Ronbo142" > wrote in message
> > Being a retired Marine and again too much time on my hands I was going
> > start tying my submission. Is the old hagard swap master going to again
> run
> > the swap!
>
> .....the old, tired, gray, much put upon swapmeister has almost recovered
> from last year so I will make another feeble attempt at running another
> swap. (if running is the right word) If past years are any indicator,
> there'll be a bunch of tiers. I think this year it will be called the "NO
> EXCUSES FLY SWAP OF 2004". ;-) Stay tuned.
>
> Frank Church
> USAF RET

Frank, I really meant to reply to this yesterday, but my keyboard locked up
and then the dog had an allergic reaction to something that he ate and then
the phone rang and then we had company until late last night. But you can
sure put me down for your NEFSO-2004.

Danl

Tim J.
November 11th, 2003, 06:56 PM
"Danl" wrote...
> "Frank Church" wrote...
> > "Ronbo142" wrote...
> > > Being a retired Marine and again too much time on my hands I was going
> > > start tying my submission. Is the old hagard swap master going to again
> > run
> > > the swap!
> >
> > .....the old, tired, gray, much put upon swapmeister has almost recovered
> > from last year so I will make another feeble attempt at running another
> > swap. (if running is the right word) If past years are any indicator,
> > there'll be a bunch of tiers. I think this year it will be called the "NO
> > EXCUSES FLY SWAP OF 2004". ;-) Stay tuned.
> >
> > Frank Church
> > USAF RET
>
> Frank, I really meant to reply to this yesterday, but my keyboard locked up
> and then the dog had an allergic reaction to something that he ate and then
> the phone rang and then we had company until late last night. But you can
> sure put me down for your NEFSO-2004.

Yeah, er, uh, I was gonna reply but Danl was taking up all the Usenet bandwidth
trying to beat me to it. Then my arms fell off and, well, you know how it is
trying to find a quality surgeon on short notice. I have it on my calendar, but
that will no doubt get lost in the shuffle.
--
TL,
Tim

Frank Church
November 11th, 2003, 07:23 PM
"Hans van der Stroom" > wrote in message
> Whatever your plans are Frank: you can count me in. You did a good job
> running the swaps and I'm looking forward to join another. Please keep me
> informed!

Thank you Hans, you sweet talking devil you. :-) To one and all who are
chomping at the bit for the GFS2004, I will make the anouncement next month
in plenty of time. (talk about bracket creep!) I have so many flies now
there is no possible way I could fish them all, but what the heck, another
50 or so won't make that much difference. ;-)

Frank Church
....The No Excuses Flyswap ain't bad, but GFS2004 has a nice ring to it.

Brimbum
November 11th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Frank wrote:snip>...The No Excuses Flyswap ain't bad, but GFS2004 has a nice
ring to it.

I don't care what you call it, but I sure am looking forward to it.I have a
hell of a lot of fun with these things.

Big Dale
Brimbum

Frank Church
November 11th, 2003, 09:12 PM
"Brimbum" > wrote in message
> Frank wrote:snip>...The No Excuses Flyswap ain't bad, but GFS2004 has a
nice
> ring to it.
>
> I don't care what you call it, but I sure am looking forward to it.I have
> hell of a lot of fun with these things.
>
> Big Dale
> Brimbum

......I'd really feel slighted BD if you didn't sign on, after all, you have
been in every one of these swaps, and come to think of it, so has Hans...and
a few others have been with us since the inception of this madness. ;-)

Frank
....or just call me bobbin-butt.

Frank Church
November 11th, 2003, 09:18 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in
:

> Yeah, er, uh, I was gonna reply but Danl was taking up all the Usenet
> bandwidth trying to beat me to it. Then my arms fell off and, well,
> you know how it is trying to find a quality surgeon on short notice. I
> have it on my calendar, but that will no doubt get lost in the
> shuffle.

......Jeez Timmy, I can't wait to see flies tied by your feet (or SO, as the
case may be) :-)

Frank

Tim J.
November 11th, 2003, 09:35 PM
"Frank Church" wrote...
> "Tim J." wrote:
>
> > Yeah, er, uh, I was gonna reply but Danl was taking up all the Usenet
> > bandwidth trying to beat me to it. Then my arms fell off and, well,
> > you know how it is trying to find a quality surgeon on short notice. I
> > have it on my calendar, but that will no doubt get lost in the
> > shuffle.
>
> .....Jeez Timmy, I can't wait to see flies tied by your feet

You don't think the ones I've sent before were tied with my hands, do you? Look
at 'em closely. :)
--
TL,
Tim

tony
November 11th, 2003, 11:51 PM
i better throw my hat in the ring again too i have learnt so much fom being
in the previous swaps
and i just love admiring all the beautifull flies

"Frank Church" > wrote in message

> "Hans van der Stroom" > wrote in message
> > Whatever your plans are Frank: you can count me in. You did a good job
> > running the swaps and I'm looking forward to join another. Please keep
me
> > informed!
>
> Thank you Hans, you sweet talking devil you. :-) To one and all who are
> chomping at the bit for the GFS2004, I will make the anouncement next
month
> in plenty of time. (talk about bracket creep!) I have so many flies now
> there is no possible way I could fish them all, but what the heck, another
> 50 or so won't make that much difference. ;-)
>
> Frank Church
> ...The No Excuses Flyswap ain't bad, but GFS2004 has a nice ring to it.

ArnSaga
November 12th, 2003, 01:42 AM
<< Frank Church" >><BR><BR>
<<
......the old, tired, gray, much put upon swapmeister has almost recovered
from last year so I will make another feeble attempt at running another
swap. (if running is the right word) If past years are any indicator,
there'll be a bunch of tiers. I think this year it will be called the "NO
EXCUSES FLY SWAP OF 2004". ;-) Stay tuned. >><BR><BR>

I'd be happy to be in another swap you run. If those in the past have been
"tired, gray, ... feeble", they're still the best I've been in.
Looking forward to it.
Glenn
GKT

Frank Church
November 12th, 2003, 02:12 AM
"ArnSaga" > wrote in message > I'd be happy to be in
another swap you run. If those in the past have been
> "tired, gray, ... feeble", they're still the best I've been in.
> Looking forward to it.
> Glenn
> GKT

.....thanks Glenn, happy to have you again.

Frank

Tim Carter
November 12th, 2003, 02:20 AM
I'd love to be counted in as well; the last few swaps, though smaller, have
been a great way to get motivated to tie in anticipation of getting great
flies in return.

Tim

Tim J.
November 12th, 2003, 02:57 AM
"Tim Carter" wrote...
> I'd love to be counted in as well; the last few swaps, though smaller, have
> been a great way to get motivated to tie in anticipation of getting great
> flies in return.

Here, Frank, let me: "I don't take no gawdam signups until New Year's Day. I'm
old and grumpy and don't **** me off with all this sign up talk 45+ days early."

How'd I do, Frank?
--
HTH,
Tim

Hooked
November 12th, 2003, 07:52 AM
"Tim J." > wrote in message

> You don't think the ones I've sent before were tied with my hands, do you?
Look
> at 'em closely. :)
> --
> TL,
> Tim
> ------------------------
> http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Are flies tied with toe jam acceptable?

Hooked
November 12th, 2003, 07:55 AM
"Tim J." > wrote in message

> Here, Frank, let me: "I don't take no gawdam signups until New Year's
Day. I'm
> old and grumpy and don't **** me off with all this sign up talk 45+ days
early."

> How'd I do, Frank?
> --
> HTH,
> Tim
> http://css.sbcma.com/timj

You need some more practice if ya ask me.

Hey Frank,

Last year it was 51 tyers. You gonna increase that this year?

Frank Church
November 12th, 2003, 10:48 AM
"Tim J." > wrote in message
> Here, Frank, let me: "I don't take no gawdam signups until New Year's
Day. I'm
> old and grumpy and don't **** me off with all this sign up talk 45+ days
early."

> How'd I do, Frank?

....took the words right off my keyboard Tim, yep, ya did just fine. What
these early "sign-ups" don't know is they have to tie extra flies for trying
to buck the line. :) :) :)

OK peeps, stay cool and tuned....the grand anouncement will be along late
next month, very late.

Ye Olde Grumpy Grayhaired Swapmeister
....doncha just love a pompous old fart?

Frank Church
November 12th, 2003, 10:51 AM
"Hooked" > wrote in message news:oHlsb.21964

> Hey Frank,
>
> Last year it was 51 tyers. You gonna increase that this year?

.......dunno Hooked, that's bumping pretty close to the limit for most people
probably, but who knows how this thing will go. I guess that depends on the
number of folks who want to punish their fingers at the vice.

Frank

Tim Carter
November 12th, 2003, 12:48 PM
> ...took the words right off my keyboard Tim, yep, ya did just fine. What
> these early "sign-ups" don't know is they have to tie extra flies for
trying
> to buck the line. :) :) :)
>
> OK peeps, stay cool and tuned....the grand anouncement will be along late
> next month, very late.

See, you're already doing a fine job -- people are beating deadlines that
haven't even been set!

Tim
-I still want to be included. C'mon..... :)

-- Rob
November 23rd, 2003, 02:45 AM
I need the punishment...gonna be a long winter :)
Please count me in for this unauthorized and unofficial early signup....

-- Rob
-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--

Wayne P
November 23rd, 2003, 09:35 PM
ok . . . official sign up is still Jan 1 (Dec 31 possibly) right???

Either way, count me in again this year!!

wayne

"-- Rob" > wrote in message
> I need the punishment...gonna be a long winter :)
> Please count me in for this unauthorized and unofficial early signup....
>
> -- Rob
> -- so much fishing, so little time --
> --please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--

Frank Church
November 24th, 2003, 02:19 AM
"Wayne P" > wrote in message
> ok . . . official sign up is still Jan 1 (Dec 31 possibly) right???
>
> Either way, count me in again this year!!
>
> wayne
>

> "-- Rob" > wrote in message
> > I need the punishment...gonna be a long winter :)
> > Please count me in for this unauthorized and unofficial early signup....

......boy, you guys are gluttons for punishment if you're trying to sign up
this early. ;-)
Official signup is still 1 Jan. There should be plenty of room. I think
the number of guys signing up to enter the swap is more or less
self-limiting, ie; those who don't want to tie 50 or so flies won't sign up
and those that love to be punished with that burden will sign up. We'll
see.

Ye Olde Pre-signup Swapmeister of 2004
...trying to be fair to all, wait until Jan 1 please...

Wolfgang
November 24th, 2003, 03:10 AM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message

> .....boy, you guys are gluttons for punishment if you're trying to sign up
> this early. ;-)
> Official signup is still 1 Jan. There should be plenty of room. I think
> the number of guys signing up to enter the swap is more or less
> self-limiting, ie; those who don't want to tie 50 or so flies won't sign
up
> and those that love to be punished with that burden will sign up. We'll
> see.

I'm holding out for 250. Keep me informed.

Wolfgang
who knows the meaning of "glutton". :)

Frank Church
November 24th, 2003, 11:16 AM
"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "Frank Church" > wrote in message
> >
> > .....boy, you guys are gluttons for punishment if you're trying to sign
up
> > this early. ;-)
> > Official signup is still 1 Jan. There should be plenty of room. I
think
> > the number of guys signing up to enter the swap is more or less
> > self-limiting, ie; those who don't want to tie 50 or so flies won't
sign
> up
> > and those that love to be punished with that burden will sign up. We'll
> > see.
>
> I'm holding out for 250. Keep me informed.
>
> Wolfgang
> who knows the meaning of "glutton". :)

.....Wolfie, long before that figure is reached ya'll will be looking for a
new Swapmeister. :)

Frank
....whip me, tie me, fling me thru the air......

Shawn Armstrong
November 24th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Oh boy...here we go again!!! I have all kinds of free time after the
divorce....I can't wait!!!

Frank Church
November 24th, 2003, 06:50 PM
"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
news:pan.2003.11.24.17.20.04.999431@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
> Oh boy...here we go again!!! I have all kinds of free time after the
> divorce....I can't wait!!!

Hey Shawn, where'd you wind up living? (any grayling there?)

Frank Church

Shawn Armstrong
November 24th, 2003, 06:58 PM
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:50:03 +0000, Frank Church wrote:

> "Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
> news:pan.2003.11.24.17.20.04.999431@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
>> Oh boy...here we go again!!! I have all kinds of free time after the
>> divorce....I can't wait!!!
>
> Hey Shawn, where'd you wind up living? (any grayling there?)
>
> Frank Church

Still in Fairbanks Frank. Decided "Screw her, why should I have to drop
my life!". If ya need a guide this summer...give me a call!

Frank Church
November 24th, 2003, 08:49 PM
"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
news:pan.2003.11.24.18.58.59.495891@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:50:03 +0000, Frank Church wrote:
>

> > "Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
> > news:pan.2003.11.24.17.20.04.999431@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
> >> Oh boy...here we go again!!! I have all kinds of free time after the
> >> divorce....I can't wait!!!
> >
> > Hey Shawn, where'd you wind up living? (any grayling there?)
> >
> > Frank Church
>
> Still in Fairbanks Frank. Decided "Screw her, why should I have to drop
> my life!". If ya need a guide this summer...give me a call!

Good on you man, live your own life. I still am planning on coming up next
year and will give you a shout.

Frank

-- Rob
November 26th, 2003, 11:06 PM

Ye Olde Pre-signup Swapmeister of 2004
...trying to be fair to all, wait until Jan 1 please...

yeah, I know, but had to join in...

-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--

riverman
December 1st, 2003, 05:21 PM
]

> > Hey Shawn, where'd you wind up living? (any grayling there?)
> >
> > Frank Church
>
> Still in Fairbanks Frank. Decided "Screw her, why should I have to drop
> my life!". If ya need a guide this summer...give me a call!

Absolutely Perfect!! You sound much more relaxed and centered than the
'where to go' post! Good Onya!!

--riverman

Shawn Armstrong
December 1st, 2003, 05:54 PM
On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:21:48 +0100, riverman wrote:

> "Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
> news:pan.2003.11.24.18.58.59.495891@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
> ]
>> >
>> > Hey Shawn, where'd you wind up living? (any grayling there?)
>> >
>> > Frank Church
>>
>> Still in Fairbanks Frank. Decided "Screw her, why should I have to drop
>> my life!". If ya need a guide this summer...give me a call!
>
> Absolutely Perfect!! You sound much more relaxed and centered than the
> 'where to go' post! Good Onya!!
>
> --riverman

Thanks riverman...time heals (or at least scabs) all wounds! :)