PDA

View Full Version : Lewis and Clark flyshop

Svend Tang-Petersen
December 9th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know if they are still around ?

Their web site is active, but no one picks up the phone or answers emails.

I order some material to tie salmon flies back in early November and was

billed, but the stuff has yet to show (4 weeks after billing).

--

Svend

Svend Tang-Petersen, MSc Email: svend AT sgi.com
SGI Pager: svend_p AT pager.sgi.com
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy Phone: (+1) 650 933 3618
Mountain View
California 94043
USA

Stan Gula
December 9th, 2003, 08:09 PM
"Svend Tang-Petersen" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if they are still around ?

There was a short thread on them back on October. Mostly bad experiences I
think. You might want to search Google groups.

Svend Tang-Petersen
December 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Stan Gula wrote:

> "Svend Tang-Petersen" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if they are still around ?
>
> There was a short thread on them back on October. Mostly bad experiences I
> think. You might want to search Google groups.

Ive dealt with them in the past without any trouble, so I hope this is just a
fluke.

--

Svend

Svend Tang-Petersen, MSc Email: svend AT sgi.com
SGI Pager: svend_p AT pager.sgi.com
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy Phone: (+1) 650 933 3618
Mountain View
California 94043
USA

Svend Tang-Petersen
December 9th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Stan Gula wrote:

> "Svend Tang-Petersen" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if they are still around ?
>
> There was a short thread on them back on October. Mostly bad experiences I
> think. You might want to search Google groups.

Well, there's a thread from back in October from people having the same
experience as Im having
right now:

no replies to emails
no one picking up the phone
very slow order fullfillment.

--

Svend

Svend Tang-Petersen, MSc Email: svend AT sgi.com
SGI Pager: svend_p AT pager.sgi.com
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy Phone: (+1) 650 933 3618
Mountain View
California 94043
USA

slenon
December 9th, 2003, 08:54 PM
I placed an order with them some months ago but canceled it when I could not
contact them about the order's status. Late last month I received e-mail
telling me that the new owner had wrecked the business and that the old
owners were trying to rebuild it. The e-mail asked if I wished to renew my
order. I wished them luck and declined to renew the order.

If their tale is true, I hope they can rebuild.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

-- Rob
December 11th, 2003, 03:54 AM
geez, NOW I read all this.

I just put an order with them.

oh well.

-- Rob
-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--

-- Rob
December 16th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Thought I would follow up on my post from last week.

I placed my order online with L&C on 12/8.

I received my order complete today with one error. Among other items (all sent
correctly) I ordered an AA vise from them and additionally ordered a midge jaw
(no I haven't and don't intend on moving to a rotary any time
soon :) ). The vise is correct but they sent the wrong midge jaw.

So, I'm contacting them (via email this evening) to try to correct this.

They did send the order promptly.

-- Rob
-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--

Svend Tang-Petersen
December 16th, 2003, 07:49 PM
-- Rob wrote:

> Thought I would follow up on my post from last week.
>
> I placed my order online with L&C on 12/8.
>
> I received my order complete today with one error. Among other items (all sent
> correctly) I ordered an AA vise from them and additionally ordered a midge jaw
> (no I haven't and don't intend on moving to a rotary any time
> soon :) ). The vise is correct but they sent the wrong midge jaw.
>
> So, I'm contacting them (via email this evening) to try to correct this.
>
> They did send the order promptly.
>
> -- Rob
> -- so much fishing, so little time --
> --please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--

Good for you.

I placed two orders early november and havent seen anything but money dissapearing
from my account.

--

Svend

Svend Tang-Petersen, MSc Email: svend AT sgi.com
SGI Pager: svend_p AT pager.sgi.com
1500 Crittenden Lane Phone: (+1) 650 933 3618
Mountain View
California 94043
USA
MS 30-2-526

-- Rob
December 17th, 2003, 03:26 AM
> placed two orders early november and havent seen anything but money
>dissapearing
>from my account.

well haven't heard anything today,
so who knows, maybe I just found someone at the computer last week when I
ordered???

we'll see.
-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--

Sierra fisher
December 17th, 2003, 06:59 AM
If they will not answer your emails or phone calls, I would write a letter
to my credit card comany and ask for a refund. You have 60 days to protest.

"Svend Tang-Petersen" > wrote in message
> -- Rob wrote:
>
> > Thought I would follow up on my post from last week.
> >
> > I placed my order online with L&C on 12/8.
> >
> > I received my order complete today with one error. Among other items
(all sent
> > correctly) I ordered an AA vise from them and additionally ordered a
midge jaw
> > (no I haven't and don't intend on moving to a rotary any time
> > soon :) ). The vise is correct but they sent the wrong midge jaw.
> >
> > So, I'm contacting them (via email this evening) to try to correct this.
> >
> > They did send the order promptly.
> >
> > -- Rob
> > -- so much fishing, so little time --
> > --please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--
>
> Good for you.
>
> I placed two orders early november and havent seen anything but money
dissapearing
> from my account.
>
> --
>
> Svend
>
> ************************************************** ***************
> Svend Tang-Petersen, MSc Email: svend AT sgi.com
> SGI Pager: svend_p AT pager.sgi.com
> 1500 Crittenden Lane Phone: (+1) 650 933 3618
> Mountain View
> California 94043
> USA
> MS 30-2-526

Kurt E. Huhner
January 19th, 2004, 05:30 AM
I had the same exact problems! Although I initially received part of my
order (60%) the rest I am waiting on. I ordered in November! I submitted
claims to the Upstate BBB
(http://search.buffalo.bbb.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&ComID=004100002100361
2), the NY State Attorney Generals Office for fraud
(http://www.oag.state.ny.us/online_forms/complaint_alert.jsp) and sent a
request to ALL the major NYC TV stations investigative reports. I urge
everyone to do the same so the Attorney Generals office will have multiple
complaints.

I assumed the went bankrupt. But what really got me was I noticed they've
updated the site (specifically the "Whats New" link) since I've placed the
order. I've tried for days to email and call with zero response. What
chutzpah!

Kurt