PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead flies arrived

Tim Carter
December 10th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks guys for the great flies and also to you, Scott, for running the
thing. You guys are going to have to show me how you get such neat whip
finishes.

[Scott -- there was a return mailing label in the box, but it must have
slipped under one of the flaps. Thanks for taking the extra time out to
address it...]

Scott Seidman
December 10th, 2003, 12:51 PM
"Tim Carter" > wrote in news:r3EBb.2370$l%1.1065
@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

> Thanks guys for the great flies and also to you, Scott, for running the
> thing. You guys are going to have to show me how you get such neat whip
> finishes.
>
> [Scott -- there was a return mailing label in the box, but it must have
> slipped under one of the flaps. Thanks for taking the extra time out to
> address it...]

Thanks for the update. Actually, the mailing was quite the rush job to get
them out before I tried to leave town (that didn't work, either!!). Found
the label on my table as soon as I addressed it.

I'll send a set off to Stan for photographing and posting, and then
fishing, if'n he's amenable.

What do you think about multiple flies of each pattern in a swap?? Worth
keeping up? It takes me at least three flies to figure if I like a pattern
enough to tie it myself.

Scott

Tim Carter
December 11th, 2003, 03:34 AM
> What do you think about multiple flies of each pattern in a swap?? Worth
> keeping up? It takes me at least three flies to figure if I like a
pattern
> enough to tie it myself.

Certainly makes it worthwhile when there are such limited numbers of
participants. It's nice to know I can lose two of ya'll's (I think that's a
word...) flies before I start thinking about the value of what I'm losing.