PDA

View Full Version : Seeking A Fly pattern

Stuart DeWolfe
December 27th, 2003, 02:57 PM
I am planning a fishing trip to Labrador & am in search of a Fly pattern.
The pattern is one I have never tied or heard of before. It is called the
Parmachene Belle. If anyone has the pattern for this fly I would be
appreciative if you could forward or post it.
Thanks in Advance
Stu.

Peter Aksberg
December 27th, 2003, 03:21 PM
> I am planning a fishing trip to Labrador & am in search of a Fly pattern.
> The pattern is one I have never tied or heard of before. It is called the
> Parmachene Belle. If anyone has the pattern for this fly I would be
> appreciative if you could forward or post it.

Check this excellent step-by-step instruction:

http://www.flytyer.co.uk/shop/dawesprev.htm

/Peter

December 27th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Do a google search and you will find many many recipes for the
Parmachene Belle. It is an old fly but also a good one. Enjoy

Dave

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:57:43 -0500, "Stuart DeWolfe"
> wrote:

>Parmachene Belle

December 27th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Also have a look at http://www.saen.org/html/fishing.html

Dave

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:57:43 -0500, "Stuart DeWolfe"
> wrote:

>I am planning a fishing trip to Labrador & am in search of a Fly pattern.
>The pattern is one I have never tied or heard of before. It is called the
>Parmachene Belle. If anyone has the pattern for this fly I would be
>appreciative if you could forward or post it.
>Thanks in Advance
> Stu.

Dave LaCourse
December 27th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Stuart DeWolfe writes:

>I am planning a fishing trip to Labrador & am in search of a Fly pattern.
>The pattern is one I have never tied or heard of before. It is called the
>Parmachene Belle. If anyone has the pattern for this fly I would be
>appreciative if you could forward or post it.
>Thanks in Advance
> Stu.

Streamers. I've been to the Labrador four times, fishing for big brookies and
land locked salmon, *on dries*. We did fish some streamers for lake trout and
pike. If you fly into Lab City, catch a cab and go to the only fly shop in
town. Check out their streamer collection, and think BIG. They have a
pattern that is purple, white, and black that was a killer for pike (size 2,
10x).

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Larry and a cat named Dub
December 27th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Nice site I like the knot tying free down load thanks

Wayne P
December 28th, 2003, 04:16 AM
maybe this?

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/oldflies/part191.html

wayne

"Stuart DeWolfe" > wrote in message
> I am planning a fishing trip to Labrador & am in search of a Fly pattern.
> The pattern is one I have never tied or heard of before. It is called the
> Parmachene Belle. If anyone has the pattern for this fly I would be
> appreciative if you could forward or post it.
> Thanks in Advance
> Stu.

W. D. Grey
December 28th, 2003, 01:59 PM
In article >, Stuart
DeWolfe > writes
>I am planning a fishing trip to Labrador & am in search of a Fly pattern.
>The pattern is one I have never tied or heard of before. It is called the
>Parmachene Belle. If anyone has the pattern for this fly I would be
>appreciative if you could forward or post it.
>Thanks in Advance
> Stu.

Hi Stu,

Here's an original pattern for the Parmachene Belle

Hook: 10 to 14

Tail: Two to four strands each of white and
dyed scarlet goose quills.

Ribbing: Silver tinsel (gold now preferred)

Body: Lemon-yellow mohair.

Hackles: White and dyed scarlet cock hackles
Sometimes both hackles are wound on
together and sometimes the white hackle
first
followed by the scarlet.

Wing: White goose wing quills, striped with
dyed scarlet
- the white predominating

See Jaqueline Wakeford's Book - Flytying Techniques.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk