PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 - One week update

rb608
January 9th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Okay, so it's really 9 days. The progress of the signup and a few questions
from swappers have led me to make a change to the guidelines, notably the
number of flies to me tied and the method of sorting/distribution:

The required number remains at 30 max. The signup is more than 30 at this
point; but I am doubtful it will go high enough to justify a split into two
groups.

For tyers submitting 30: The fly sorting/distribution will be in a "round
robin" method, and each participant will get 30 flies at random from the
larger pool.

OTOH: If you hold out for the final count (I'm guessing between 30 & 40),
you may elect to tie the entire amount at your discretion. As promised, I
won't require more than 30; but if you're easily tempted to tie a few more,
it's up to you. Tyers submitting the full amount will, of course, get one of
each from everybody.

Everybody will get the same number of flies as before, the change mostly
afect only the way I'm going to work it on this end; but I do want to give
anyone wanting to the opportunity to "stretch" their quantity if the wish.
Once the final signup count is in, I'll see who wants to go all the way &
who wants to stop at 30.

The current count: 33:

Allen Epps #8 black stonefly
Big Dale #10 Psychedelic Spiders
Bob Weinberger #14 Wilted Spinach
bugcaster #16 Renegade
Cindy TBD
Conan The Librarian #16 PMD Quigley cripples
Danl TBD
Dave Martel #16 BH Daves Red Fox Squirrel nymph
flyguy TBD
Frank Church #14 Beadhead Brimbuster
Gary or Linda Brown clouser pattern TBD
Hairy Trout TBD
Hans van der Stroom Oostvoorne Small Fry
Hooked Fish Catcher
John Lindsey Foam Bass Popper
Larry Griffith's Gnat w/CDC plume
Larry and a cat named Dub Salmon egg
Lat705 Fabri Wing CDC Caddis
Paul Goodwin #10 Salmon River Stone
pw #14 Hi-Vis Parachute Hare's Ear
rb608 TBD
Richard Fortuna #14 Emergent Sparkle Pupa
--Rob #8 Grey Frede
Ronbo142 #16 Prince
Stan Gula TBD
Svend Tang-Petersen Baetis para-dun
Tim Carter #8 beadheadOctober Caddis
Tim J. TBD
Tom Littleton TBD
tony weall western minnow
Warren TBD
Wayne P Great White Bass Clouser or Scudzilla
William Claspy TBD

I know at least 16 of the 33 are already in for the Full Monty.

Ye middle aged swapmeister,
Joe Fleischman
http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004.htm

Tim J.
January 9th, 2004, 04:38 PM
"rb608" wrote...
<snip>
> http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004.htm

Very nice site, and extremely informative. Good work, Joe.
--
TL,
Tim

Frank Church
January 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in news:vvtm8r4m763n36
@news.supernews.com:

> "rb608" wrote...
> <snip>
>> http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004.htm
>
> Very nice site, and extremely informative. Good work, Joe.

Snort! Yeah, I think Joe is trying to make me look bad, that dang site is
over the top IMO...well, he *did* say he would *get* me for sticking him
with the swap. I know why he hasn't got at least 50 signups by now..see
Joe, ya gotta use a little hustle..you left out Great in your swap title.
It should've read Fifth Annual Great Fly Swap..I mean, who could ignore
that? Just trying to help. <bseg>

Retired Old Swapmeister

D. Rocksvold
January 11th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Put me in for a TBD for the Full monty. I'm sorry for the delay in my
posting I have been really busy at work and not able to check the group.

Dustin Rocksvold

"rb608" > wrote in message
> Okay, so it's really 9 days. The progress of the signup and a few
questions
> from swappers have led me to make a change to the guidelines, notably the
> number of flies to me tied and the method of sorting/distribution:
>
> The required number remains at 30 max. The signup is more than 30 at this
> point; but I am doubtful it will go high enough to justify a split into
two
> groups.
>
> For tyers submitting 30: The fly sorting/distribution will be in a "round
> robin" method, and each participant will get 30 flies at random from the
> larger pool.
>
> OTOH: If you hold out for the final count (I'm guessing between 30 & 40),
> you may elect to tie the entire amount at your discretion. As promised, I
> won't require more than 30; but if you're easily tempted to tie a few
more,
> it's up to you. Tyers submitting the full amount will, of course, get one
of
> each from everybody.
>
> Everybody will get the same number of flies as before, the change mostly
> afect only the way I'm going to work it on this end; but I do want to give
> anyone wanting to the opportunity to "stretch" their quantity if the wish.
> Once the final signup count is in, I'll see who wants to go all the way &
> who wants to stop at 30.
>
> The current count: 33:
>
> Allen Epps #8 black stonefly
> Big Dale #10 Psychedelic Spiders
> Bob Weinberger #14 Wilted Spinach
> bugcaster #16 Renegade
> Cindy TBD
> Conan The Librarian #16 PMD Quigley cripples
> Danl TBD
> Dave Martel #16 BH Daves Red Fox Squirrel nymph
> flyguy TBD
> Frank Church #14 Beadhead Brimbuster
> Gary or Linda Brown clouser pattern TBD
> Hairy Trout TBD
> Hans van der Stroom Oostvoorne Small Fry
> Hooked Fish Catcher
> John Lindsey Foam Bass Popper
> Larry Griffith's Gnat w/CDC plume
> Larry and a cat named Dub Salmon egg
> Lat705 Fabri Wing CDC Caddis
> Paul Goodwin #10 Salmon River Stone
> pw #14 Hi-Vis Parachute Hare's Ear
> rb608 TBD
> Richard Fortuna #14 Emergent Sparkle Pupa
> --Rob #8 Grey Frede
> Ronbo142 #16 Prince
> Stan Gula TBD
> Svend Tang-Petersen Baetis para-dun
> Tim Carter #8 beadheadOctober Caddis
> Tim J. TBD
> Tom Littleton TBD
> tony weall western minnow
> Warren TBD
> Wayne P Great White Bass Clouser or Scudzilla
> William Claspy TBD
>
> I know at least 16 of the 33 are already in for the Full Monty.
>

> Ye middle aged swapmeister,
> Joe Fleischman
> http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004.htm

rb608
January 11th, 2004, 11:32 PM
"D. Rocksvold" > wrote in message
> Put me in for a TBD for the Full monty. I'm sorry for the delay in my
> posting I have been really busy at work and not able to check the group.

Welcome #35. No apology needed for signing up on time. There's no
requirement to sign up the first day. <g>

Joe F.
http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004.htm

Stan Gula
January 12th, 2004, 02:05 AM
"rb608" > wrote in message

No reply, but I just found out that my TBD mutated into a soft hackle damsel
nymph.

rb608
January 12th, 2004, 02:10 AM
"Stan Gula" > wrote in message
> No reply, but I just found out that my TBD mutated into a soft hackle
damsel
> nymph.

A fascinating metamorphosis. Why, I was at the MD FFing show when my TBD
went through the change.

Joe F.

D. Rocksvold
January 15th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I was looking at a soft hackle myself. Methinks I may have to revisist the
books...

Dustin

"Stan Gula" > wrote in message
> "rb608" > wrote in message
>
> No reply, but I just found out that my TBD mutated into a soft hackle
damsel
> nymph.

D. Rocksvold
January 20th, 2004, 03:38 PM
OK,

37 olive bird's nests are done. Now for the tags.

Dustin

> I was looking at a soft hackle myself. Methinks I may have to revisist
the
> books...
>
> Dustin
>
> "Stan Gula" > wrote in message
> > "rb608" > wrote in message
> >
> > No reply, but I just found out that my TBD mutated into a soft hackle
> damsel
> > nymph.

Tom Littleton
January 21st, 2004, 12:02 AM
update to list:
T. Littleton--a #16 Red Quill...of sorts.
Tom

Stan Gula
January 21st, 2004, 12:40 AM
"Tom Littleton" > wrote in message
> update to list:
> T. Littleton--a #16 Red Quill...of sorts.
> Tom

Using the DST quills?

Tom Littleton
January 21st, 2004, 01:48 AM
Stan asks:
>Using the DST quills?

that's it, Stan, remove any element of surprise!
Tom

Rudi
January 21st, 2004, 08:37 AM
Hi,

I started tying the 37 flies.
Here in this part of Holland we catch a lot of fish with a typical
polar hair streamer.
It's even so good that some folks only fish with this streamer and
forget the other flies.
I'll tie for you all off the FS2004 the Dutch PolarHair Streamer.

so Joe now you can update the website.

keep tying
Rudi

PS My email sends both our names, but my wife is not tying.