PDA

View Full Version : I m back and joining the FS2004

Rudi
January 13th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm Back....

I joined the 2001 swap and yesterday I join again for the FS2004 by
email to Joe . I Live in the Netherlands just like Hans, but I never
met him.

I dont know yet which fly but it will be for the group of 35 or more.

Rudi

rb608
January 13th, 2004, 12:55 PM
"Hooked" > wrote in message
> And I find it quite odd that you've never met Hans. After all, the
> Netherlands is about the size of a postage stamp...
> :-)

I dunno; it took me a couple hours to drive across it; and I was doing about
130. :-)

Joe F.

rb608
January 15th, 2004, 02:21 PM
"Hooked" > wrote in message
> "rb608" > wrote in message
> >The biggest regret was ordering two McKroekets.
>
> What ever that is?

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. They are a meat-like substance, but I
now forget what they're actually made of. I'd been off the plane only an
hour and was driving across the country when I realized I was hungry. Not
being too adventurous at this point, I opted for something familiar, a
golden arches off the highway. The photo above the counter had the
appearance of the familiar filet o' fish, and I bought two. One bite into
it, I was pretty sure it wasn't fish, but the taste was not familiar.

Later on in the trip, I had occasion to taste a real kroeket, not the
Mickey's version, and it was quite tasty, actually.

Joe F.

Hans van der Stroom
January 15th, 2004, 06:58 PM
"rb608" > schreef in bericht

> "Hooked" > wrote in message
> > "rb608" > wrote in message
> > >The biggest regret was ordering two McKroekets.
> >
> > What ever that is?
>
> To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. They are a meat-like substance, but
> now forget what they're actually made of. I'd been off the plane only an
> hour and was driving across the country when I realized I was hungry. Not
> being too adventurous at this point, I opted for something familiar, a
> golden arches off the highway. The photo above the counter had the
> appearance of the familiar filet o' fish, and I bought two. One bite into
> it, I was pretty sure it wasn't fish, but the taste was not familiar.
>
> Later on in the trip, I had occasion to taste a real kroeket, not the
> Mickey's version, and it was quite tasty, actually.
>
> Joe F.

We eat "kroket", which is actually a ragout (beef, chicken, whatever) which
is cooled off, dressed in breadcrumps and then deepfried. When made properly
they can be very tasty, but the McDonalds-imitation is poor. So are the ones
you can pick up in snackshops. Whenever one of you should visit The
Netherlands: see me, for my "kroketten" filled with a shrimp-ragout are
good. And even better with strong mustard! Afterwards we can fish.

Greetings,
Hans

Hooked
January 16th, 2004, 06:26 AM
"Hans van der Stroom" > wrote in message

> Whenever one of you should visit The
> Netherlands: see me, for my "kroketten" filled with a shrimp-ragout are
> good. And even better with strong mustard! Afterwards we can fish.
>
> Greetings,
> Hans

Visit the Netherlands?

Sure. What are this weeks winning lottery numbers?

rb608
January 16th, 2004, 02:07 PM
"Hooked" > wrote in message
> Visit the Netherlands?
>
> Sure. What are this weeks winning lottery numbers?

It's not that bad. I've seen airfares from BWI/Philly/NYC to Amsterdam in
the low 200's. Heck, it's cheaper than a lot of domestic US travel. Way
cool place. I'd love to go back; but it's time, not cost, that's stopping
me

Joe F.

Hooked
January 17th, 2004, 06:30 AM
"rb608" > wrote in message

> It's not that bad. I've seen airfares from BWI/Philly/NYC to Amsterdam in
> the low 200's. Heck, it's cheaper than a lot of domestic US travel. Way
> cool place. I'd love to go back; but it's time, not cost, that's
stopping
> me
>
> Joe F.

Ok. $200 (+/-) to fly there from NY. Then I have to have a place to stay
while there. Then I have to eat while I'm there. Then I have to pay for a
fishing license there. And then there's the...

It all adds up to more than I can afford.

If I could afford it, I'd go.

Or I'd just go to Scotland to visit the River Spey.

Or to New Zealand.

Bill Mason
January 17th, 2004, 07:10 AM
"Hooked" > wrote in message

> Or I'd just go to Scotland to visit the River Spey.

IIRC, a day of fishing one of the better beats on the Spey would cost as
much as the rest of the trip. Waaayyy out of my league! :-(
Pretty country though...

Cheers,
Bill

Hooked
January 17th, 2004, 07:55 AM
"Bill Mason" > wrote in message
. ..

> IIRC, a day of fishing one of the better beats on the Spey would cost as
> much as the rest of the trip. Waaayyy out of my league! :-(
> Pretty country though...
>
> Cheers,
> Bill

Fishing the Spey for one day would be worth more than the money spent.

rb608
January 17th, 2004, 01:44 PM
"Hooked" > wrote in message
> Ok. $200 (+/-) to fly there from NY. Then I have to have a place to stay
> while there. Then I have to eat while I'm there. Then I have to pay for a
> fishing license there. And then there's the...

You left out the red light district and the coffee houses. :-)

Joe F.

Hooked
January 18th, 2004, 03:35 AM
"rb608" > wrote in message

> You left out the red light district and the coffee houses. :-)
>
> Joe F.

Yep. It all adds up to more than I make in a month.