PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 - Let the tying begin

rb608
January 15th, 2004, 10:20 PM
The magic number is 37!

The signup period has ended, and we have 37 swappers signed up for this
year's swap.

For me, the focus will now shift to the tying, tagging & shipping aspects of
the swap, and changes to the FS2004 site
(http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004) have been made to reflect that.
Because of a few questions in regard to tags, I've compiled an entire new
page devoted to that topic. (http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FStags.htm)

At a count of 37, however, the initial guidelines for dealing with large
numbers are moot. I'm holding to the promised maximum requirement of 30; but
you may want to reconsider tying 7 more. For tyers submitting 30: The fly
sorting/distribution will be in a "round robin" method, and each participant
will get 30 flies at random from the larger pool.

OTOH: You may elect to tie the entire amount at your discretion. As
promised, I won't require more than 30; but if you're easily tempted to tie
7 more, it's up to you. Tyers submitting the full amount will, of course,
get one of each from everybody.

YOMAS,
Joe Fleischman
http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004

....and the final list:

Allen Epps #8 black stonefly
Big Dale #10 Psychedelic Spiders
Bob Weinberger #14 Wilted Spinach
bugcaster #16 Renegade
Chas Wade #4/0 Blackbeard
Cindy TBD
Conan The Librarian #16 PMD Quigley cripples
D. Rocksvold TBD
Danl TBD
Dave Martel #16 BH Daves Red Fox Squirrel nymph
Emma and John Whiteley Haul y gwynt
flyguy TBD
Frank Church BH Peacock nymph
Gary or Linda Brown clouser pattern TBD
Hairy Trout TBD
Hans van der Stroom Oostvoorne Small Fry
Hooked Fish Catcher
John Lindsey Foam Bass Popper
Larry Griffith's Gnat w/CDC plume
Larry and a cat named Dub Salmon egg
Lat705 Fabri Wing CDC Caddis
Paul Goodwin #10 Salmon River Stone
pw 14 Hi-Vis Parachute Hare's Ear
rb608 TBD
Richard Fortuna #14 Emergent Sparkle Pupa
--Rob #8 Grey Frede
Ronbo142 #16 Prince
Rudi en Dolinda TBD
Stan Gula TBD
Svend Tang-Petersen Baetis para-dun
Tim Carter #8 beadheadOctober Caddis
Tim J. TBD
Tom Littleton TBD
tony weall western minnow
Warren TBD
Wayne P Great White Bass Clouser or Scudzilla
William Claspy TBD

Wayne P
January 16th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Joe,

I am in for all 37! I'll be doing my White Bass Clouser !!!

Wayne

"rb608" > wrote in message
> The magic number is 37!
>
> The signup period has ended, and we have 37 swappers signed up for this
> year's swap.
>
> For me, the focus will now shift to the tying, tagging & shipping aspects
of
> the swap, and changes to the FS2004 site
> (http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004) have been made to reflect that.
> Because of a few questions in regard to tags, I've compiled an entire new
> page devoted to that topic. (http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FStags.htm)
>
> At a count of 37, however, the initial guidelines for dealing with large
> numbers are moot. I'm holding to the promised maximum requirement of 30;
but
> you may want to reconsider tying 7 more. For tyers submitting 30: The fly
> sorting/distribution will be in a "round robin" method, and each
participant
> will get 30 flies at random from the larger pool.
>
> OTOH: You may elect to tie the entire amount at your discretion. As
> promised, I won't require more than 30; but if you're easily tempted to
tie
> 7 more, it's up to you. Tyers submitting the full amount will, of course,
> get one of each from everybody.
>
> YOMAS,
> Joe Fleischman
> http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FS2004
>

> ...and the final list:
>
> Allen Epps #8 black stonefly
> Big Dale #10 Psychedelic Spiders
> Bob Weinberger #14 Wilted Spinach
> bugcaster #16 Renegade
> Chas Wade #4/0 Blackbeard
> Cindy TBD
> Conan The Librarian #16 PMD Quigley cripples
> D. Rocksvold TBD
> Danl TBD
> Dave Martel #16 BH Daves Red Fox Squirrel nymph
> Emma and John Whiteley Haul y gwynt
> flyguy TBD
> Frank Church BH Peacock nymph
> Gary or Linda Brown clouser pattern TBD
> Hairy Trout TBD
> Hans van der Stroom Oostvoorne Small Fry
> Hooked Fish Catcher
> John Lindsey Foam Bass Popper
> Larry Griffith's Gnat w/CDC plume
> Larry and a cat named Dub Salmon egg
> Lat705 Fabri Wing CDC Caddis
> Paul Goodwin #10 Salmon River Stone
> pw 14 Hi-Vis Parachute Hare's Ear
> rb608 TBD
> Richard Fortuna #14 Emergent Sparkle Pupa
> --Rob #8 Grey Frede
> Ronbo142 #16 Prince
> Rudi en Dolinda TBD
> Stan Gula TBD
> Svend Tang-Petersen Baetis para-dun
> Tim Carter #8 beadheadOctober Caddis
> Tim J. TBD
> Tom Littleton TBD
> tony weall western minnow
> Warren TBD
> Wayne P Great White Bass Clouser or Scudzilla
> William Claspy TBD

Larry and a cat named Dub
January 20th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Mine are done and will be in the mail in the next couple of days