PDA

View Full Version : Fly tying

egildone
January 21st, 2004, 03:33 PM
Just tied my first fly, Royal Wulff, at the tender age of 67! It even looks
somewhat like the picture!

Does ROFF or ROFFT have a website? Do you have any suggestions of tutoring
websites for fly tying?

Ed

Tim J.
January 21st, 2004, 04:01 PM
"egildone" wrote...
> Just tied my first fly, Royal Wulff, at the tender age of 67! It even looks
> somewhat like the picture!

Congrats!

http://gula.org/roffswaps/index.php

> Do you have any suggestions of tutoring
> websites for fly tying?

One of my favorites is Harry Mason's http://troutflies.com/. Good pictures, and
great tutorials.
--
TL,
Tim

John Lindsey
January 21st, 2004, 04:24 PM
Way to go!

Just keep on keeping on, and ask questions..
You're going to have fun catching them on YOUR fly!

Good luck!
John

"egildone" > wrote in message
> Just tied my first fly, Royal Wulff, at the tender age of 67! It even
looks
> somewhat like the picture!
>
> Does ROFF or ROFFT have a website? Do you have any suggestions of
tutoring
> websites for fly tying?
>
> Ed

Frank Church
January 21st, 2004, 04:47 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in
:

> "egildone" wrote...
>> Just tied my first fly, Royal Wulff, at the tender age of 67! It
>> even looks somewhat like the picture!
>
> Congrats!
>
>> Does ROFF or ROFFT have a website?
>
> http://gula.org/roffswaps/index.php
>
>> Do you have any suggestions of tutoring
>> websites for fly tying?
>
> One of my favorites is Harry Mason's http://troutflies.com/. Good
> pictures, and great tutorials.

.....and try flyanglersonline.com for tutorials from beginner to advanced
tying.

Frank the Elder

Sr.
January 22nd, 2004, 01:18 PM
Just tied my first fly, Royal Wulff, at the tender age of 67!

Well con'grads to ya sir!!! It's just an extra thrill win that trout comes
up and takes that fly you tied yourself!!! Remember the fish most likely
has NEVER seen that picture you saw in the book!!
Sr.