PDA

View Full Version : Re: Canberra OZ in February?

Stephen Welsh
January 22nd, 2004, 12:11 AM
Mu Young Lee > wrote in
pcc.itd.umich.edu:

> I'm going to be in Canberra during the second week of February. Any
> suggestions as to possible fishing opportunities?

Freshwater Mu, lakes and/or streams of the
Snowy Mts. and Monaro high plains.

Feb is the hottest (temp) time of year
so daytime fishing can be slow, but the
tigers will be on heat so they will keep
you on your toes! ;-)

Not coming a little further south?

Steve

Merrick
January 22nd, 2004, 10:58 PM
rofl

Yeah its the hottest part of the year here about 30degrees here atm (thats
90 in the old scale) and I am in brisbane.

However a few hours drive from canberra are the snowy mountains. There are
some *big* trout there...

All stream work as well.

Btw goto http://www.alpineangler.com.au/ for more info

Regards

M.

"Stephen Welsh" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> Mu Young Lee > wrote in
> pcc.itd.umich.edu:
>
> > I'm going to be in Canberra during the second week of February. Any
> > suggestions as to possible fishing opportunities?
> >

> Freshwater Mu, lakes and/or streams of the
> Snowy Mts. and Monaro high plains.
>
> Feb is the hottest (temp) time of year
> so daytime fishing can be slow, but the
> tigers will be on heat so they will keep
> you on your toes! ;-)
>

> Not coming a little further south?
>

> Steve

detoor
January 26th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Hi Mu, I live in Canberra and there is fly fishing all around the area .
However the best flyfishing this time of the year is in the snowy mountain
lakes of an evening/nightime or very early in the mornings . Currently
Jindabyne and Tantangara are fishing well on mudeye patterns and the Thredbo
and Eucumbene rivers are also fishing well with hoppers just starting up.
the Murrumbidgee is also fishing well but the trout this year are smallish.
Also as Steve said watch where you walk as there are plenty of tigers and
eastern browns around. Lake eucumbene is very low but there are still
some nice rainbows coming out of an evening .

Mu Young Lee
January 26th, 2004, 04:34 AM
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, detoor wrote:

> However the best flyfishing this time of the year is in the snowy mountain
> lakes of an evening/nightime or very early in the mornings .

Thanks to everyone for the info. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good
tackle shop?

Mu

Hooked
January 26th, 2004, 05:09 AM
"Mu Young Lee" > wrote in message
.itd.umich.edu...

> Thanks to everyone for the info. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good
> tackle shop?
>
> Mu

Fly Shop?

Dorothy
January 26th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Steve Williamson of Lake Jindabyne Trout Fishing Adventures has nice stuff and
offers guiding (E: ).

Dorothy

Mu Young Lee wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, detoor wrote:
>
> > However the best flyfishing this time of the year is in the snowy mountain
> > lakes of an evening/nightime or very early in the mornings .
>
> Thanks to everyone for the info. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good
> tackle shop?
>
> Mu

Phil
January 29th, 2004, 11:37 AM