PDA

View Full Version : Sili Skin

Stephen Welsh
January 26th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Hi all,

Anyone here have any experiences using Sili Skin
especially for sal****er "flies"? Care to share?

It is yet to make it to our fair shores.

Steve

Mike Connor
January 26th, 2004, 11:31 PM
"Stephen Welsh" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. 1.4...
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone here have any experiences using Sili Skin
> especially for sal****er "flies"? Care to share?
>
> It is yet to make it to our fair shores.
>

> Steve

I got a few pieces from a friend. Wasnīt really all that impressed. The
"Gummi minnow" I gave in another post recently is made of this stuff;
http://www.sal****erflies.com/gummyminnow.html

You should have a look at Mr. Piitendrighs stuff, he has some great
innovative flies on his site. I canīt find the URL right now, ( Just had a
system crash), but he will probably see this, and answer you.

I have had some good results using silicone caulk and various metallic
tinsel.

TL
MC

Clark Reid
January 26th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Siliskin is pretty useful for smelt flies Stephen, in fact I have had great
success using the Mother of Pearl to make siliskin smelts for Taupo fishing.

Thwe siliskin legs are pretty awesome for hoppers etc.

It is an Umpqua disrtibuted product in the US and here in NZ, I do not know
how they will approach the Aussie market. Let me know if you want more infor
and I'll make some calls to find out if we are going to distribute it over
there.

--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com

Stephen Welsh
January 27th, 2004, 01:38 AM
"Clark Reid" > wrote in part
:

> It is an Umpqua disrtibuted product in the US and here in NZ, I do not
> know how they will approach the Aussie market. Let me know if you want
> more infor and I'll make some calls to find out if we are going to
> distribute it over there.

Don't worry thanks Clark, if I a use for it I'll order some from OS when
I've got enough items together to make it worthwhile hassling Cabelas or
similar.

Steve

> --
> Clark Reid