PDA

View Full Version : OT windows xp format command

Flyguy
January 30th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Can anyone tell me how to format my laptop...it has a
removable/interchangable cdrw and floppy disk drive. (if that matters)
the standard old DOS and win 95 format commands don't seem to work.
I get error msgs ranging from bad command...to...drive is in use!
My appologies for an off topic post, but I always trust fellow
fishermen...and I am at wits end here.
thanks
Flyguy
Ont CAN

Charlie Choc
January 30th, 2004, 10:44 PM
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:24:48 -0500, "Flyguy" >
wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to format my laptop...it has a
>removable/interchangable cdrw and floppy disk drive. (if that matters)
>the standard old DOS and win 95 format commands don't seem to work.

If you are trying to format a floppy you should see the command
available when you right click the drive in "My Computer". If you are
trying to format the hard drive you should be able to do that during
the XP install.
--
Charlie...

Willi
January 30th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Charlie Choc wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:24:48 -0500, "Flyguy" >
> wrote:
>

>>Can anyone tell me how to format my laptop...it has a
>>removable/interchangable cdrw and floppy disk drive. (if that matters)
>>the standard old DOS and win 95 format commands don't seem to work.
>

> If you are trying to format a floppy you should see the command
> available when you right click the drive in "My Computer". If you are
> trying to format the hard drive you should be able to do that during
> the XP install.

The XP CD is bootable. If you can get your computer to boot off your CD,
installation will be much easier.

There are a number of web pages that give tips on installing XP. Reading
them should help make things go smoothly.

Willi