PDA

View Full Version : Seal Dubbing

jim smith
February 5th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Just dyed up a new batch of dubbing and have surplus. It doesnt get
better! Praised by tyers all over the world check it out at
http://www.btinternet.com/~thejimsmith/seal.html

Mike Connor
February 5th, 2004, 05:35 AM
"jim smith" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Just dyed up a new batch of dubbing and have surplus. It doesnt get
> better! Praised by tyers all over the world check it out at
> http://www.btinternet.com/~thejimsmith/seal.html

Jim, you know better than to spam these groups. It is in any case
contraproductive.

TL
MC

jim smith
February 5th, 2004, 06:37 PM
In article >,
"Mike Connor" > wrote:

> "jim smith" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Just dyed up a new batch of dubbing and have surplus. It doesnt get
> > better! Praised by tyers all over the world check it out at
> > http://www.btinternet.com/~thejimsmith/seal.html
>
> Jim, you know better than to spam these groups. It is in any case
> contraproductive.
>
> TL
> MC

Well Mike I thought to be honest that on topic sales were allowed in the
Group. I only posted in ROFFT and ROFF where I thought it was on topic.
I thought it would be OK. Now I know better I will not post again. Sorry
if I have offended. We never were famous for our knowledge of etiquette
in Yorkshire. Jim

Mike Connor
February 5th, 2004, 06:56 PM
"jim smith" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>

> Well Mike I thought to be honest that on topic sales were allowed in the
> Group. I only posted in ROFFT and ROFF where I thought it was on topic.
> I thought it would be OK. Now I know better I will not post again. Sorry
> if I have offended. We never were famous for our knowledge of etiquette
> in Yorkshire. Jim

Hi Jim,
theoretically at least, a short on-topic informative post such as yours
should be OK on ROFFT at least. But they never are. A lot of people get
very uptight about commercial posts.

The main problem is, where does one draw the line? I know your stuff is
very good, and that you were merely informing people of its availability.
Also I am not complaining, merely pointing out that it likely to cause you
more trouble than it is worth.

If you were to post a fly-pattern, or similar, and then add a sig line
pointing to your website etc, then nobody will complain.

Regards and tight lines!

Mike