PDA

View Full Version : Bobbin for Pearsall's

Cornmuse
February 8th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Pearsall's Gossamer comes on half-size spools which don't work well in
typical bobbins. I know I can wind the thread onto a full size spool
(prefer no to). I have also tried using a new bobbin and just squeezing the
legs together to make them fit (passable but not great). Does anyone know
if there is a bobbin made which can properly handle half-sized thread
spools?

TIA

Joe C.

JR
February 8th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Cornmuse wrote:

> Pearsall's Gossamer comes on half-size spools which don't work well in
> typical bobbins. I know I can wind the thread onto a full size spool
> (prefer no to). I have also tried using a new bobbin and just squeezing the
> legs together to make them fit (passable but not great). Does anyone know
> if there is a bobbin made which can properly handle half-sized thread
> spools?

Yep. You want the Matarelli midge bobbin. Here's a picture (#3):

http://tinyurl.com/2xoce

JR

Cornmuse
February 8th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks! That's the guy I need!

Joe
"JR" > wrote in message ...
> Cornmuse wrote:
> >
> > Pearsall's Gossamer comes on half-size spools which don't work well in
> > typical bobbins. I know I can wind the thread onto a full size spool
> > (prefer no to). I have also tried using a new bobbin and just squeezing
the
> > legs together to make them fit (passable but not great). Does anyone
know
> > if there is a bobbin made which can properly handle half-sized thread
> > spools?
>
> Yep. You want the Matarelli midge bobbin. Here's a picture (#3):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2xoce
>
> JR

JR
February 8th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Cornmuse wrote:

> Thanks! That's the guy I need!
>
> "JR" > wrote i
> > Yep. You want the Matarelli midge bobbin. Here's a picture (#3):
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2xoce

It's one of my very favorite tools, perfect for using that Pearsall's to
tie classic silk-bodied soft-hackles.

JR