PDA

View Full Version : purple dyed grizzly

Steve Egge
February 8th, 2004, 04:48 PM
I would like to get some purple dyed grizzley hackle for palmering a "seal
bugger" - a wooly bugger like fly. Can't seem to find it at my usual sources.
Any one know of who has them?

Thanks ... Steve Egge

JR
February 8th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Steve Egge wrote:

> I would like to get some purple dyed grizzley hackle for palmering a "seal
> bugger" - a wooly bugger like fly. Can't seem to find it at my usual sources.
> Any one know of who has them?
>
> Thanks ... Steve Egge

Try the Whiting bugger packs, purple grizzly:

http://www.theflyshop.com/103.htm

They're not cheap, but good quality.

JR

Cornmuse
February 8th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I purchased a a very nice grizzly dyed purple saddle from Cabela's last year
for $10. If you only need a few feathers to do half a dozen or so flies,
contact me off-list and give me the details. I can get a few out to you.

Joe C.

"JR" > wrote in message ...
> Steve Egge wrote:
> >
> > I would like to get some purple dyed grizzley hackle for palmering a
"seal
> > bugger" - a wooly bugger like fly. Can't seem to find it at my usual
sources.
> > Any one know of who has them?
> >
> > Thanks ... Steve Egge
>
> Try the Whiting bugger packs, purple grizzly:
>
> http://www.theflyshop.com/103.htm
>
> They're not cheap, but good quality.
>
> JR

Steve Egge
February 8th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks to both of you.
found the sites. I can't even mention how many shops on line I looked at that
didn't carry this color of dyed grizzly.

Steve

Big Dale
February 9th, 2004, 07:14 AM
steve wrote:>I would like to get some purple dyed grizzley hackle for palmering
a "seal
>bugger" - a wooly bugger like fly. Can't seem to find it at my usual
>sources.
>Any one know of who has them?

Down here in Texas, just about everyone uses purple in bass stuff. Wapsi does
nice purple saddles that ought to work for you and any shop that uses them as a
wholesaler can add one to their next order for you.

Big Dale

Plabovitz
February 9th, 2004, 10:00 PM
get some RIT dye and dye a neck yourself, its easy and works great

D. Rocksvold
February 12th, 2004, 06:37 PM
You might also try http://www.eagleflyfishing.com Jay dyes the feathers and
items he sells himself. He has a lot of colors that are hard to find
elsewhere. And he's a nice guy to boot!

Dustin