PDA

View Full Version : Art of Angling Journal?

Douglas Campbell
February 10th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Can anyone here give a review of the Art of Angling Journal? Is it
worth the $42.50/four issues per year?

Jim Ray
February 10th, 2004, 01:26 PM
"Douglas Campbell" > wrote in message
> Can anyone here give a review of the Art of Angling Journal? Is it
> worth the $42.50/four issues per year?

I have subscribed for about two years. It is a beautiful magazine. The flies
are all very nicely photographed, and is is very nicely bound. It even comes
in a protective plastic sleeve (and you can opt for shipping in a box rather
than a flimsy envelope). There are a few interesting articles, but this
isn't a fishing magazine focused on places or techniques. Its primary focus
is the history and "romance" of the pastime. I had hoped that there would be
more articles on flyfishing related artwork and artists, but I still enjoy
it when it comes.

HTH,

Jim Ray

Douglas Campbell