PDA

View Full Version : Sheep Creek Midge

Stephen Welsh
February 12th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Anyone have the pattern for this?

(Note: not to be confused the Sheep Creek Special :-)

About all I know is, the fly was passed on to an Aussie
(dopey bugger lost it) by an American overwintering in New Zealand.
The dopey bugger described it as having a "light" hackle and
creamy body ...

.... any ideas what the actual pattern may be?

Steve

George G. Miller
March 4th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Steve:
I have one that a guy gave me, called a Sheep Creek.
My vet uses this fly exclusively here (Browning, MT).

I'm going in for surgery on my wrist and elbow tomorrow morning,
but, give me a few days and I'll take a look for it.

I should be able to include a pic of it, also.

If you don't hear back from me, email me at:

for a gentle reminder.

thanks,

George

Stephen Welsh wrote:

> Anyone have the pattern for this?
>
> (Note: not to be confused the Sheep Creek Special :-)
>

> About all I know is, the fly was passed on to an Aussie
> (dopey bugger lost it) by an American overwintering in New Zealand.
> The dopey bugger described it as having a "light" hackle and
> creamy body ...
>
> ... any ideas what the actual pattern may be?
>

> Steve

George G. Miller
March 4th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Steve:

there is a pattern for Sheep Creek here:

http://www.virtualflybox.com/patterns/pattern.php?id=169

Let me know if that's what you're after.

thanks,

George

Stephen Welsh wrote:

> Anyone have the pattern for this?
>
> (Note: not to be confused the Sheep Creek Special :-)
>

> About all I know is, the fly was passed on to an Aussie
> (dopey bugger lost it) by an American overwintering in New Zealand.
> The dopey bugger described it as having a "light" hackle and
> creamy body ...
>
> ... any ideas what the actual pattern may be?
>

> Steve

Stephen Welsh
March 4th, 2004, 10:36 PM
"George G. Miller" > wrote in news:7badnR3-
:

> Let me know if that's what you're after.
>
> thanks,
>
> George

Thanks for the effort, George, but the URL is of the
Sheep Creek (Special) ... I'm looking for the Midge.

Hope the surgery goes well, George.

Steve (Who thinks the Sheep Creek is interesting in itself)