PDA

View Full Version : Bird Dry Fly

Norman Greenwood
February 20th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Did bird in addition to his famous Stone fly nymph
also make a stone fly dry fly with a yellow body?
If anyone has a pattern I would be grateful

--
A Yorkshire Lad

Remove spam filter to reply

JR
February 20th, 2004, 01:54 PM
> Norman Greenwood wrote:
>
> Did bird in addition to his famous Stone fly nymph
> also make a stone fly dry fly with a yellow body?
> If anyone has a pattern I would be grateful

The body is orange:

http://users.eastlink.ca/~dryfly/ornfly.htm

Here's another pic:

http://tinyurl.com/2gen5

JR

Willi
February 20th, 2004, 02:18 PM
JR wrote:

>>Norman Greenwood wrote:
>>
>>Did bird in addition to his famous Stone fly nymph
>>also make a stone fly dry fly with a yellow body?
>>If anyone has a pattern I would be grateful
>

> The body is orange:
>
> http://users.eastlink.ca/~dryfly/ornfly.htm
>
> Here's another pic:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2gen5

No reason not to use a yellow body if that's what you want.

Willi

Norman Greenwood
February 20th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks Willi