PDA

View Full Version : Florida flats fishing help

Mark Rosenbaum
September 22nd, 2003, 01:37 PM
I recently relocated to Miami and am interested in flats fishing. I was
wondering if anyone could give me any information as to what mile markers
might be a good place to stop and go flats fishing on foot (wading in). I
would like to try it this way before I invest an a flats boats. Come to
think of it does anyone have any suggestion as to modified v-hull that would
work on the flats as well as the open ocean say for loke dolphin that would
be around a twenty three footer. Also any ideas on baits for the flats,
artificials, dead, or live.

Thanks

Bob La Londe
September 22nd, 2003, 02:34 PM
Carolin Skiff has a nice looking flats boat that has a little v to the
front. I'ld see if I could find somebody who has one before investing in
one, but it looks like it has a enough V in front to be able to handle at
speed.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"Mark Rosenbaum" > wrote in message
> I recently relocated to Miami and am interested in flats fishing. I was
> wondering if anyone could give me any information as to what mile markers
> might be a good place to stop and go flats fishing on foot (wading in). I
> would like to try it this way before I invest an a flats boats. Come to
> think of it does anyone have any suggestion as to modified v-hull that
would
> work on the flats as well as the open ocean say for loke dolphin that
would
> be around a twenty three footer. Also any ideas on baits for the flats,
> artificials, dead, or live.
>
> Thanks

Bill Kiene
September 28th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Hi Mark,

I would buy a used boat (less than 10 years old) first then if it is not
exactly what you want, you won't take a bath on it when you sell it.

I am sure that there are some good tackle shops in the area that have good
info.

I know live shrimp and some live small bait fish are popular.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA