PDA

View Full Version : San Rafael show

Svend Tang-Petersen
March 1st, 2004, 08:08 PM
I drove up there yesterday to check it out, but mainly to see Simon from
Rio casting. Generally I have to
say that I was pretty dissapointed. Mostly outfitters and rods for sale.
I guess that if you want to take
a class from AK then this is the only chance you will get locally. But
if it had not been for Simon it would
not have been worth the drive.

Wrt tying then there were fewer tiers than at the San Mateo show and the
selection of materials/gadgets etc
was minimal. Basically only mainstream stuff.

Ernie
March 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
"Svend Tang-Petersen" > wrote in message

> I drove up there yesterday to check it out, but mainly to see
Simon from
> Rio casting. Generally I have to
> say that I was pretty dissapointed. Mostly outfitters and rods
for sale.
> I guess that if you want to take
> a class from AK then this is the only chance you will get
locally. But
> if it had not been for Simon it would
> not have been worth the drive.
> Wrt tying then there were fewer tiers than at the San Mateo
show and the
> selection of materials/gadgets etc
> was minimal. Basically only mainstream stuff.

I have never been to the San Rafael show and I stopped going to
San Mateo a few years back when they stopped being interesting
and became so commercial. I can remember when the booths had
boxes of unpackaged India necks for a few bucks and would let you
dig through them to find what you wanted. It finally became
exotic fishing trips and expensive rods. I had a booth the year
it was held at the Moscone Center and sold my Blood Knot
Machines. Ah the good old days. :)
Ernie

Ron
March 5th, 2004, 06:58 AM
I agree, I was disappointed with the San Rafael show and thought there was
more at the San Mateo show.