PDA

View Full Version : Re: fishing fl. keys early dec

joe
September 20th, 2003, 07:06 PM
In article >,
"Paul Fisher" > wrote:

> I am going to be staying in the florida keys for the week of dec 2. I love
> to fish. Most of my fishing is done on LI. NY. Can anyone give me advice
> about fishing in dec. thanks

Depending on how serious you are about fishing and what you want to
spend there is fishing available but few of the 'glory' species the keys
are known for (shallow water, backcountry, etc.) will be available.

The best info I am aware of is at this site:

http://www.flatsguide.com/fishinfo.html

This is the site of Capt. Barry Hoffman .

I am sure there are other places to get info but you will find what you
need there.

As far as the many other species of snapper and the like I am not sure.
It all depends on the severity of the weather and what fronts may be
moving through. The bones sensitive to water temp both high and low.
Most of the tarpon have migrated out. Trout are listed as a possibility
as are redfish. Snook may also be available as the migrate south to
avoid the cooler temps.

Sharks would also likely be an option as would barracuda.

In Islamorada you could check with 'Bonefish Bob' for info.

Hope this helps.

AtlJoe
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb