PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about using sand fleas.

Charlie Bress
September 23rd, 2003, 08:49 PM
I am still in learning mode on the gulf coast of SW Florida.
I have advanced all the way to finding the little guys at the shore.
Now, what do I do with them?
Lots of questions come to mind.
What do you keep them in: a bucket of water, a bucket with wet sand, a mix
of sand and water?
How do you rig up terminal tackle? I am fishing from shore using spinning
tackle. Pilchards have been scarce lately and I am looking for alternative
bait. What size hook is appropriate?
What is the best way to hook them? Do they survive on the hook and does it
make a difference?
How do you fish them? Let them sit or retrieve? Fast or slow retrieve?

Charlie

email cbress at comcast dot com