PDA

View Full Version : Advise on conventional surf reel and line

Gin
September 26th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Howdy,

Obliged for any advise on those new surf reels and lines.

^gin^

Gin
September 30th, 2003, 10:15 PM
(Gin) wrote in message >...
> Howdy,
>
> Obliged for any advise on those new surf reels and lines.
>

> ^gin^

///////

Is this NG the most popular one for sal****er fishing?

Haven't had any replies to my initial query [google search
results find old stuff, not very current.

Any reply welcome.

Gin

CKLINERT
October 1st, 2003, 02:56 AM
In article >,
(Gin) writes:

>Haven't had any replies to my initial query

We haven't had much activity here lately. West coast fishing is poor here.

The best advice to a newcomer is to go to a large local sporting goods store
or department store and buy a cheap "combo" rod and reel set. Get the
most popular kind, and by the time you wear it out, you will know what
kind you want.

Regards,
Cliff

Fishing: "a sport surrounded entirely by liars in old clothes"

Spyda Man
October 7th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Penn Jigmaster loaded with 30 lb. pink Ande mono. Attach that to a 11'
conventional Ugly Stick, and you have alot of bang fer da buck, and will
handle most anything you hook into along the beach

Spy in Hawaii