PDA

View Full Version : Charter Boat Montauk reports

Mike monta
September 30th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Just another day on the MONTAUK.
September 29, 2003
We started off fishing for bait around the point, 11 striped Bass and 30
bluefish later, it was time to head offshore for Shark. About 20 miles off we
started are slick. One hour into the slick a nice Mako swims into the slick two
BIG jumps one so close it got us all wet after a 20 min fight we had the fish
at the boat and gaffed it. the fish weight 175lbs the Lad in the picture is
over 300lbs. two hours later we release a Blue Shark. Looking off to the
northwest I see a cold front coming we decide to head in. as we approached the
Point the cold front gets closer. off to the west a funnel cloud appears this
is called a waterspout and its comming our way I push the Montauk to her top
speed and we are losing the waterspout now it stayed up for around 3 min what
great sight, in the 34 years I have fished in Montauk that was the first
waterspout for me, hope its my last.
Captain Mike Albronda
http://www.charterboatmontauk.com/