PDA

View Full Version : Galveston/Freeport fishing

Gary
September 29th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Guess I've been to busy to keep up with the runs... but this past weekend
the shallow surf- between the first and second sand bar at low tide and
before the first sand bar at high tide was full of 15+ inch whiting -
cleaned a few for lunch and they are full of roe - so I'd guess they'll be
moving out soon - excellent table fish why everyone ignores them and goes
after bull reds(30+lb) is something I've never understood. A few flounder
are showing up at the passes, but not in the numbers they will as soon as
the water goes below 70.
Gary