PDA

View Full Version : The Time is NOW for ROCK

TidalFish.com
October 8th, 2003, 03:00 AM
More Reports Available at Tidal Fish
http://www.TidalFish.com

I worked late last night so I stopped at my favorite upper-Severn spot
on the way home to cast under the dock lights and unwind. Before my
first cast, I could hear the big Rock jumping in the shallows. Some
splashes sounded like a person doing a belly flop. Casting a 5" pearl
BA, I quickly hooked up with a 26.5" Rock at the edge of the light. At
least three other Rock followed the fish as I fought him; one of the
followers was nearly twice the size as the fish I caught. In all, I
caught 7 Rock between 16.5" and 26.5." I also lost a Rock that I never
saw...he just kept peeling 10# line off my spool until the hook popped
out. I couldn't slow him down. I released all but one. When I jigged
the BA right off the pier, literally dozens of huge Perch...Yellow and
White...were drawn to it (but only occassionally got hooked). Then, a
big Rock would usually crash the party. It was fun to watch. I wasn't
targeting Perch that night but could have filled up a cooler if I was.

This great night fishing should last as long as the moon stays
big...probably another two weeks. The time is now to get out and enjoy
it!