PDA

View Full Version : Allergies to fish

Diver1055
October 16th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Hi all. I have purchased another boat and I have decided that I will fish
again even if I have to wear latex gloves to do so. I have an allergic
reaction when I touch fish. My hands will start shedding layers of skin within
a week. And get even worse with repeated contacts with fish. I can remember
when I had no problems handling fish or bait and now I avoid comming in contact
with them. Has anyone encountered this problem, and is there any rememedy or
some lotion that can seal my hands?

Thank you
Rick

Rodney
October 17th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Diver1055 wrote:
> Hi all. I have purchased another boat and I have decided that I will fish
> again even if I have to wear latex gloves to do so. I have an allergic
> reaction when I touch fish. My hands will start shedding layers of skin within
> a week. And get even worse with repeated contacts with fish. I can remember
> when I had no problems handling fish or bait and now I avoid comming in contact
> with them. Has anyone encountered this problem, and is there any rememedy or
> some lotion that can seal my hands?
>
> Thank you
> Rick

Derma Shield
http://www.deltakits.com/dki-catalog/derma-shield.html

This stuff really works even against acid contact with the skin
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

T-Shirts Ink
October 17th, 2003, 04:25 PM
My good fishing buddy has the same problem but only from the iodine in
shrimp.

"Diver1055" > wrote in message
> Hi all. I have purchased another boat and I have decided that I will fish
> again even if I have to wear latex gloves to do so. I have an allergic
> reaction when I touch fish. My hands will start shedding layers of skin
within
> a week. And get even worse with repeated contacts with fish. I can
remember
> when I had no problems handling fish or bait and now I avoid comming in
contact
> with them. Has anyone encountered this problem, and is there any rememedy
or
> some lotion that can seal my hands?
>
> Thank you
> Rick

Diver1055
October 18th, 2003, 05:26 AM
>Derma Shield
>http://www.deltakits.com/dki-catalog/derma-shield.html
>
>This stuff really works even against acid contact with the skin
>--
>Rodney Long,
>Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,
>Straight Up Lures, Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights,
>and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Does it not wash off with the constant contact with water? Have you used this
product? I am weary of using it and relying on it now since my hands are still
pealing, and comming in contact with fish again will worsen my situation.

Thanks

Rodney
October 18th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Diver1055 wrote:

>>Derma Shield
>>http://www.deltakits.com/dki-catalog/derma-shield.html
>>
>>This stuff really works even against acid contact with the skin

> Does it not wash off with the constant contact with water?

No it does not wash off, even with soap
You need to reapply every four hours though
> Have you used this
> product?

Yes hundreds of times,, I used to work with a very bad caustic material,
when it mixed with sweat it would burn a deep hole through your skin,
and into the tissue below it, your never felt it doing it until the
damage was done

> I am weary of using it and relying on it now since my hands are still
> pealing, and comming in contact with fish again will worsen my situation.

I have used Derma Shield after I have had chemical burns for not using
it, it kept me from getting more, or making the other wounds worst.

This stuff makes a chemical barrier, between your skin, and literally
everything.

The way their salesman demonstrated it to us,, made us all believers, he
took a piece of zinc, laid in the palm of his hand, then poured sulfuric
acid on it, in his palm, the acid totally ate the zinc away, while he
held it.

If that acid could not penetrate the Derma Shield,, fish slim won't be
able to
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,
Straight Up Lures, Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights,
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Ray Edmundson
October 19th, 2003, 06:08 AM
Rodney and Diver1055 had this same conversation in this newsgroup in Feb
2003. Me thinks they are one and the same. Rodney, I have been to your
site before and found it interesting. However, I would not do business
with anyone who would try cheap promotion like this. It's a matter of
principle.

Ray

Rodney wrote:
> Diver1055 wrote:
>
>>> Derma Shield
>>> http://www.deltakits.com/dki-catalog/derma-shield.html
>>>
>>> This stuff really works even against acid contact with the skin
>>

>> Does it not wash off with the constant contact with water?
>

> No it does not wash off, even with soap
> You need to reapply every four hours though
>
>> Have you used this
>> product?
>

> Yes hundreds of times,, I used to work with a very bad caustic material,
> when it mixed with sweat it would burn a deep hole through your skin,
> and into the tissue below it, your never felt it doing it until the
> damage was done
>
>> I am weary of using it and relying on it now since my hands are still
>> pealing, and comming in contact with fish again will worsen my situation.
>

> I have used Derma Shield after I have had chemical burns for not using
> it, it kept me from getting more, or making the other wounds worst.
>
> This stuff makes a chemical barrier, between your skin, and literally
> everything.
>
> The way their salesman demonstrated it to us,, made us all believers, he
> took a piece of zinc, laid in the palm of his hand, then poured sulfuric
> acid on it, in his palm, the acid totally ate the zinc away, while he
> held it.
>
> If that acid could not penetrate the Derma Shield,, fish slim won't be
> able to

Rodney
October 19th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Ray Edmundson wrote:
> Rodney and Diver1055 had this same conversation in this newsgroup in Feb
> 2003. Me thinks they are one and the same. Rodney, I have been to your
> site before and found it interesting. However, I would not do business
> with anyone who would try cheap promotion like this. It's a matter of
> principle.
>
> Ray

Ray I have posted about Derma shield before,, I did not know it was to
the same person,, well,, for what ever reason I guess he didn't try it,
but it is not the only time the same question has been asked over a
period of months, then re-asked. I'm not affiliated with the Derma
Shield folks in any way

I do not know this person, and I do not "promote my inventions to news
groups", as you would have noticed, if you went to my web site, my
inventions are manufactured, marketed, and advertised by the tackle
companies, that license them. Last year alone well over a million
dollars was spent on advertising them in the regular media, to millions
of people, besides them now being seen on the Bill Dance, Rolan Martin,
and Hank Parker TV shows. I personally have been seen on National TV
many times with them, and just finished filming another segment for Tech TV

I'm not some basement lure maker, trying to sell his wares to news group
members, For me to make any real money, Millions of people need to buy
my inventions,, not 40 or 50. If everyone on these news groups bought
all these inventions , I personally would not make enough money from
them to take the time to write this single response

SUre I have some of my stuff listed in my signature line, that is for
people who want to ask me about the use of these, as they are so new on
the market, and I am the true expert in how to use them to get the best
results. I'm also proud of them, and what they do.

I was posting to news groups before I ever invented a single one of
these, I was just a steel worker, who loved to fish, well now I'm a
terminal tackle designer, same person, just different job, where the
love of fishing has become a dream come true, that's all I do now.

I was told that people who do what I have, they don't change, but
everyone they know, changes how they treat them. I have found this out
in most of my old friends, they no longer want anything to do with me, I
still treat them the same, but they now act like I treat them them in
some way, that I am no longer one of them.

That also has been the case with news group members