PDA

View Full Version : Charter in Florida

mark s
October 20th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Can anyone recommend a decent fishing charter in Florida, near
Tampa/Sarasota? I have a friend going there this March and he'd like
to fish. (I've only chartered the Atlantic side, never the Gulf side,
so I can't make any recommendations to him!)

-Mark

joe
October 21st, 2003, 02:30 AM
In article >,
(mark s) wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a decent fishing charter in Florida, near
> Tampa/Sarasota? I have a friend going there this March and he'd like
> to fish. (I've only chartered the Atlantic side, never the Gulf side,
> so I can't make any recommendations to him!)

There are many, many great charters. Depending on what kind of fishing
though.

I am only up on shallow water angling, flats fishing so if you want deep
see or even near shore I can not help.
Capt. Butch Rickey (www.narhoppr.com). You can visit his site and read
the fishing reports. I have not personally fished with him but talk with
him on occasion. One of my best fishing buddies and the angler I have
learned the most from gives him the nod as an excellent guide and that
says quite a bit for me.

If you want to fly fish, another guide I am familiar with is Capt. Pat
Damico out of St. Pete Beach 727-360-6466 (pat4jaws -the @ goes here -
hotmail.com)

I will have to look for the card of a fly fishing guide I have gone out
with (tarpon, snook) who was excellent.

Maybe one of these guides will be of help if you are looking at inshore
angling (and if you pass on inshore I have to say you are missing the
essence of the bay area fishing).

Good luck,

atljoe
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
Flats fishing is Flat Fun!

joe
October 21st, 2003, 02:50 AM
In article >,
joe > wrote:

> Capt. Butch Rickey (www.narhoppr.com).

I got a little ahead of myself on this one. Everything I said about
Capt. Butch is correct but he is south of the Tampa Bay area out of Pine
Island Sound. Worth the extra drive though.
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
Flats fishing is Flat Fun!
Visit my site at http://flatsfisher.com

Max Huber
October 21st, 2003, 02:42 PM
Try these Captains, They are in the area you asked about.

http://www.floridaflyfishing.com/
http://www.sarasota-fla-fishing.com/
---
Max
http://www.outdoor-links.com
Recipient of the Ken Schultz Award of Excellence

Jim McCreary
November 2nd, 2003, 12:18 PM
Mark:

I can't speak for Tampa area but the fishing in March inshore and near
offshore will be great in Sarasota that time of year. I live and fish here
and my suggestion would be Rick Grasset for either light tackle or
especially fly fishing, if you'd like to try your hand at that.

Contact info here:
http://www.snookfin-addict.com

My suggestion would be to book early as he is very busy that time of year.

Regards, Jim

"mark s" > wrote in message
m...
> Can anyone recommend a decent fishing charter in Florida, near
> Tampa/Sarasota? I have a friend going there this March and he'd like
> to fish. (I've only chartered the Atlantic side, never the Gulf side,
> so I can't make any recommendations to him!)
>
> -Mark

LeRoy Williams
November 5th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Also consider Capt Jonnie Walker at: www.baywalkercharters.com. I fish with
both Rick & Jonnie in the Sarasota area and they are both good. Lee

joe
November 5th, 2003, 12:37 PM
In article >,
Capt Ahab wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:08:59 -0500, "LeRoy Williams"
> > wrote:
>
> >Also consider Capt Jonnie Walker at: www.baywalkercharters.com. I fish with
> >both Rick & Jonnie in the Sarasota area and they are both good. Lee
> >

> The OP might also find useful information on this web site maintained
> by the State of Florida. It does list guide services all about the
> state.:
>
> http://www.floridasal****erfishermen.com/fishid-3.htm

nice site with good info but not a Florida government site nor as far as
I can tell a CoC maintained site. no big deal but it could be misleading
though

Domain ID: D3489054-CNO
Domain Name: floridasal****erfishermen.com
Creation Date: 2001-03-11 22:43:05 UTC
Expiration Date: 2004-03-11 21:56:17 UTC
Last Modification Date: 2002-03-05 00:19:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar: CORE-95
Created by: CORE-95
Updated by: CORE-95
Last Updated By Registrar: CORE-95
Maintainer: 95
Registrant ID: COCO-974160
Registrant Name: <removed but you can do a whois if you want it>
Registrant Organization: Florida Salt Water Fishermen Club
Registrant Address: <removed but you can do a whois if you want it>
Registrant City: DeLand
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 32724
Registrant Country: US