PDA

View Full Version : Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists

Outdoors Magazine
October 31st, 2003, 09:17 PM
Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists

Pro-fish activists have won permission from Disney to adapt a film poster
for Finding Nemo to help promote vegetarianism to youngsters.

Pressure group Peta says it is using the cartoon characters on leaflets,
along with a two-metre tall fish, to persuade children not to eat fish.

The film features a shark who attends a support group for vegetarians which
uses the Peta slogan prominently.

A spokesman for Peta (People of the Ethical Treatment of Animals) said: "We
were delighted to see our tag-line 'Fish are friends not food' in the
Finding Nemo movie.

"The slogan is even being used on Finding Nemo pyjamas."

"We hope that after seeing Finding Nemo, children will agree that fish
belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates."

Story filed: 13:55 Thursday 9th October 2003

Copyright © 2003 Ananova Ltd

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

L. A. Powell
November 1st, 2003, 12:54 AM
Nuke the whales! When radiated, they taste just like manatees.

"Outdoors Magazine" > wrote in message
. ..
> Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists
>
> Pro-fish activists have won permission from Disney to adapt a film
poster
> for Finding Nemo to help promote vegetarianism to youngsters.
>
> Pressure group Peta says it is using the cartoon characters on
leaflets,
> along with a two-metre tall fish, to persuade children not to eat
fish.

> The film features a shark who attends a support group for vegetarians
which
> uses the Peta slogan prominently.
>
> A spokesman for Peta (People of the Ethical Treatment of Animals)
said: "We
> were delighted to see our tag-line 'Fish are friends not food' in the
> Finding Nemo movie.
>
> "The slogan is even being used on Finding Nemo pyjamas."
>
> "We hope that after seeing Finding Nemo, children will agree that fish
> belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates."
>

> Story filed: 13:55 Thursday 9th October 2003
>
> Copyright © 2003 Ananova Ltd
>

> --
> James Ehlers
>
> Outdoors Magazine
> www.outdoorsmagazine.net

JazzyB!
November 1st, 2003, 08:14 AM
Sigh... no cows, pigs, chickens or fish. Can I have a veggie burger? NOT!!
"Outdoors Magazine" > wrote in message
. ..
> Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists
>
> Pro-fish activists have won permission from Disney to adapt a film poster
> for Finding Nemo to help promote vegetarianism to youngsters.
>
> Pressure group Peta says it is using the cartoon characters on leaflets,
> along with a two-metre tall fish, to persuade children not to eat fish.
>
> The film features a shark who attends a support group for vegetarians
which
> uses the Peta slogan prominently.
>
> A spokesman for Peta (People of the Ethical Treatment of Animals) said:
"We
> were delighted to see our tag-line 'Fish are friends not food' in the
> Finding Nemo movie.
>
> "The slogan is even being used on Finding Nemo pyjamas."
>
> "We hope that after seeing Finding Nemo, children will agree that fish
> belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates."
>

> Story filed: 13:55 Thursday 9th October 2003
>
> Copyright © 2003 Ananova Ltd
>

> --
> James Ehlers
>
> Outdoors Magazine
> www.outdoorsmagazine.net

Keith
January 10th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Don't forget to stuff it with bald eagle.