PDA

View Full Version : Murrell's Inlet, SC Spot Report

Rusty Unger
November 1st, 2003, 01:54 AM
Went out today, caught about 300 spot in under 2 hours. Fish while
the tide is in, cut shrimp or bloodworms both work well. My group
ecstatic, they had never seen anything like it, about 100 boats all
reeling in fish after fish. Great day for them and for me!

"What does a redneck say right before he dies? Hey y'all, watch this!"
-Michael Waltrip, August 22nd, 2003, Bristol

charlie
November 15th, 2003, 01:25 PM
That's great, I went out the next day and not one of the 100 boats
pulled in a single fish.

Question - why don't the fishermen in MI run their lights at night. Of
about 8 boats at the landing only 2 had their lights on after dark.

Rusty Unger
November 17th, 2003, 04:24 AM
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:25:53 -0500, charlie >
wrote:

>That's great, I went out the next day and not one of the 100 boats
>pulled in a single fish.

Thats how it is with spot....one day they come in....next day they are
gone. I have been having some pretty good luck recently down at
Georgetown in the Winyah Bay...haven't been to MI for a while...too
crowded.

>Question - why don't the fishermen in MI run their lights at night. Of
>about 8 boats at the landing only 2 had their lights on after dark.

I have no clue on this one, I always use mine, and now that you
mention it....you are right. I just never noticed it before, I
honestly can't answer that, except to say that some of the most inept
fishermen in the world put their boats in at the landing. I have seen
probably 25 people tear boats up this year trying to put in or take
out...makes me laugh. Don't know about the lights though, but dang if
you aren't correct.