PDA

View Full Version : Looking to book Kona charter in Feb / 04

Dunnett
December 23rd, 2003, 09:34 AM
I'll be on the Big Island in February for a week with my family. I
want to take my father in law and 2 friends out fishing - I'd like to
catch some dinner Mahi.

I''m thinking a 1/2 day or 3/4 but I need suggestions.

There are so many charters and I 've been on some really crappy ones.
REALLY crappy.

I'm looking for a captain with a boat who is genuinely interested in
providing a postive experience and hopefully "hook" us up with some
Mahi.

If you think you can help us out I'd like to hear from you.

Post here and I'll reply with my home email address.

Thanks!

Ronn

Scott Seidman
December 23rd, 2003, 03:09 PM
(Dunnett) wrote in
om:

> I'll be on the Big Island in February for a week with my family. I
> want to take my father in law and 2 friends out fishing - I'd like to
> catch some dinner Mahi.
>
> I''m thinking a 1/2 day or 3/4 but I need suggestions.
>
> There are so many charters and I 've been on some really crappy ones.
> REALLY crappy.
>
> I'm looking for a captain with a boat who is genuinely interested in
> providing a postive experience and hopefully "hook" us up with some
> Mahi.
>
> If you think you can help us out I'd like to hear from you.
>
> Post here and I'll reply with my home email address.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ronn

Have fun! I went out of a different island, and had a blast.

One small caveat, though. In Hawaii, my understanding is that the fish
caught on a charter belong to the captain. Often, they'll give you some
fish, but not all of it.

I just let him keep all of it-- it's just not that hard to find Ahi or
Mahi-mahi in Hawaii, and it doesn't need to be caught by me.

Scott

Danny Martin
December 28th, 2003, 04:16 PM
I chartered High Noon with Capt Dee Bradford for 2 days last June. He
specializes in blue marlin, but I'm sure he's flexible. He was a
perfect gentleman with my wife aboard and worked hard to get me my first
blue marlin- and 5 spear fish over 2 days. The tackle was firstrate and
he's a good value at ~$475 for a full day.

his website

http://fishingcharterskona.com/

Fintastic
December 29th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Try this Captain,

Only captain to have all 4 "Granders" to his credit:

Nakamaru, Capt. Kevin
E-mail Address(es):

Business Information:
Company: Northern Lights
Phone: 808-325-7529
Fax: 808-936-0953
Notes:
37' Merritt -- Northern Lights

I sure enjoyed the day with him.

Paul

"Dunnett" > wrote in message
om...
> I'll be on the Big Island in February for a week with my family. I
> want to take my father in law and 2 friends out fishing - I'd like to
> catch some dinner Mahi.
>
> I''m thinking a 1/2 day or 3/4 but I need suggestions.
>
> There are so many charters and I 've been on some really crappy ones.
> REALLY crappy.
>
> I'm looking for a captain with a boat who is genuinely interested in
> providing a postive experience and hopefully "hook" us up with some
> Mahi.
>
> If you think you can help us out I'd like to hear from you.
>
> Post here and I'll reply with my home email address.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ronn

Scott Seidman
December 29th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Chasen Sanborn wrote in
s.com:

> You pay him well to take you fishing and he keeps the fish?
> Was his name "Hi Wayman" by chance?
>
>>Scott

No complaints at all. I was on a party-type boat with 5 other fishermen.
Paid about $60 each for a full day of fishing. We were fishing from 10
minutes out of dock, we all hooked up plenty. I was offered steaks and
turned them down.

If they can provide a boatload of guys a great fishing experience for $350,
but they need to sell the fish to do that, great!

Scott

Hiraga
December 29th, 2003, 08:58 PM
"Dunnett" > schreef in bericht
om...
> I'll be on the Big Island in February for a week with my family. I
> want to take my father in law and 2 friends out fishing - I'd like to
> catch some dinner Mahi.
>
> I''m thinking a 1/2 day or 3/4 but I need suggestions.
>
> There are so many charters and I 've been on some really crappy ones.
> REALLY crappy.
>
> I'm looking for a captain with a boat who is genuinely interested in
> providing a postive experience and hopefully "hook" us up with some
> Mahi.
>
> If you think you can help us out I'd like to hear from you.
>
> Post here and I'll reply with my home email address.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ronn

If you like to CATCH fish, than you've to get in touch with Capt. Jeff
Rogers, visit his website and read his guestbook, http://www.fishinkona.com/
I fished and catched 4 days with him (especially the tigershark was great).
He has a thorough knowledge of every fishing technique: fly-, bottom-,
trolling fishing.
The only thing he doesn't do all day is trolling, thats boring and I agree
with him.
Believe me, book a charter with him, you won't regret it.
I'm going back in september next year.
Please say hi to him.

Regards,
Arjen Waldus