PDA

View Full Version : Call out to guides & outfitters

phil
December 31st, 2003, 08:47 PM
I'm in the process of developing a comprehensive fishing website and
looking for fishing photos, articles, and reports for Cabo, Hawaii,
NorthEast US, NorthWest US, Australia, Costa Rica, and others.

Willing to barter for any of the above and will give business credits.
Please email me back if you're interested and if you want to take a
look at the site and give some feedback on the site while I'm
developing it?

Thanks!

January 3rd, 2004, 03:11 AM
Hi,

I am looking to buy a unit for near shore fishing,(long island sound). The
Lowrance LC X15 MT looks like a good choice. Does anyone have any experience
with this one, or another one that the either really like, or really
dislike? Please let me know.

FYI I have a handheld gps from thales, the meridian marine. The displays
are hard to see, especially when out on the water. This may be good back-up
to a unit with a 5" or 6" display. The other thing that bites is that I can
only load 1/3 of Long Island Sound
map in the unit at a time! Because of software licensing, you can't even put
another map on a second memory card, it won't you!
Not very usefull, especially if your trip is to an overlaping area on the
map. I wonder if other software is the same way???? FOR
Lowrance or Furino?

Info needed! Please email me

Calif Bill
January 3rd, 2004, 06:50 AM
Why a combo unit? I run both a Furuno sounder and a Garmin 160 Plotter on a
21' forward console. Have gone through a couple of sounders over the years
and the GPS is only the 2nd. (Garmin 45 is still working as a backup). The
problem with a combo is if one goes, both goes and then both displays are
small.
Bill

. com...