PDA

View Full Version : Platform on a Lund

John Kaufmann
January 27th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I am searching for information anyone might have on putting a polling
platform on a Lund 18' Alaskan.

I had a helpful post from someone about a transom mount but I am concerned
about the stress on the boats structure. Has anyone out there had
experience with this boat?

licker
January 28th, 2004, 05:12 AM
Take the boat to a welding shop and have them add some extra support on the
gunwales and transom You can have them weld pipe to the inside of the
gunwale and on the inside of the corner of the transom and gunwale. Make an
insert to slide into that pipe and frame up the polling platform. You then
remove the platform by simple bolting. I had a similar design made for a 16
foot flat (Jon) boat.

Sarge