PDA

View Full Version : Penn Internationnal travel rods 2 + slammer reels ?

Philtix
February 2nd, 2004, 06:54 PM
Hi,

I would like to constitute me a travel fishing combo that target tarpons
(medium size, until 50 or 60 kilos) and lures fishing in general. What
choice you advice me?

Rods:

Penn Internationnal II spinb travel rod 8 lbs
Penn Internationnal II spinb travel rod 12 lbs
Penn Internationnal II spinb travel rod 16 lbs (need to replace rings and
handle)
Sage spinning rod GSP 8-17 lbs
Sage spinning rod GSP 10-20 lbs

Reels:

Penn Slammer 460
Penn Slammer 560
other?

Did you experience one of these tackles?

Thanks by advance,

Philippe

joe
February 3rd, 2004, 02:06 AM
In article >,
(Philtix) wrote:

> Penn Internationnal II spinb travel rod 8 lbs
> Penn Internationnal II spinb travel rod 12 lbs
> Penn Internationnal II spinb travel rod 16 lbs (need to replace rings and
> handle)
> Sage spinning rod GSP 8-17 lbs
> Sage spinning rod GSP 10-20 lbs
>
> Reels:
>
> Penn Slammer 460
> Penn Slammer 560
> other?
>
> Did you experience one of these tackles?

I do not have deep enough pockets for the Sage rods but imagine the 10 -
20 lb model with the Slammer 560 would be more than adequate.

I have a Slammer 560 paired with a BassPro shop Extreme rod. I have yet
to hook up with the outfit but I have every confidence in the combo.

I would also like to get a bait cast reel and rod (I have been eyeing
the Falcon Tarpon special for bait caster).

If you plan on using live/cut bait instead of artificials you may want
to look at the Penn Bait Runner. I have never used one but if they are
anything like the Slammer if would be a solid reel. I use only
artificials at this time (large jigs or plugs; I have had some concerns
about large plugs full of trebles heading back my way though).

good fishin'

atljoe
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb