PDA

View Full Version : Where to fish on the tamiami trail (us 41)

mike
February 19th, 2004, 03:15 PM
I am planing to go down to south florida and fish for tarpon pups on
the tamiami trail. Where are some good areas and what do you look
for? I also hear the freshwater fishing is pretty good. What lures
and patterns should I use. Thanks Mike

Nancy Farquharson
February 28th, 2004, 11:14 PM
why go so far south ? try the area around st. pete beach and the
sunshine skyway bridge . sometimes the schools are so heavy you could
walk on them !!! and of course the bigger silver kings abound too the
200 lb range isnt unusual . hope this helps and great fishing
........... , Nan

joe
February 29th, 2004, 01:18 PM
In article >,
(Nancy Farquharson) wrote:

> why go so far south ? try the area around st. pete beach and the
> sunshine skyway bridge . sometimes the schools are so heavy you could
> walk on them !!! and of course the bigger silver kings abound too the
> 200 lb range isnt unusual . hope this helps and great fishing

It is a totally different environment and experience. You can find the
baby tarpon in central Florida but not typically at St. Pete
specifically. More likely to find them in creeks or rivers that feen
into Tampa Bay or the Gulf. Still, this is not anything like fishing the
canals in south Florida.

Good Fishin'
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb