PDA

View Full Version : Crystal River Florida

Lumen8tr
February 21st, 2004, 01:06 PM
Hi All,
I've got an opportunity to fish the Crystal River in mid-April. Will be doing
some bank fishing on resort property and possibly renting a boat.

What will be hot that time of year ?

What artificials should I bring for light tackle use?

Thanks

Steve

Ken
February 22nd, 2004, 02:17 PM
Hey Steve,

Trout, redfish, jacks, etc. would be common to catch on a line! Try Catch
Jr., Top Dogs, and the like. Also, soft tailed jig heads work very well.
Normally I don't like to recommend commercial businesses, but check out Ed's
Tackle Shop just south of the city limits of Crystal River in Air Port
Plaza. They will help you with the tackle and locations that you need.

Top Spot or Florida Sportsman's maps are excellent resources for finding
locations. They can be found at the local tackle shops or on the Florida
Sportsman's webpage (www.floridasportsman.com).

Check out my website on fishing the area at
http://www.xtalwind.net/~kclamer/fishing.htm.

Good luck!

Halon