PDA

View Full Version : how deep for King trolling?

RB
February 24th, 2004, 01:28 AM
What's a good trolling depth for Kings?

Tom
February 24th, 2004, 06:52 PM
"RB" > wrote in message
.. .
> What's a good trolling depth for Kings?

About 1/4"

Tom

db
February 24th, 2004, 08:03 PM
"RB" > wrote in message
.. .
> What's a good trolling depth for Kings?

Pull your bait on top.

Try downriggers from 10' off the bottom and work your way up.
The strike zone varies.

db

Calif Bill
February 25th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Which King? King Salmon? King Mackerel? Kingfish (do not need trolling for
these). King Kong == Bananas.
Bill

"db" > wrote in message

> "RB" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > What's a good trolling depth for Kings?
> >

> Pull your bait on top.
>
> Try downriggers from 10' off the bottom and work your way up.
> The strike zone varies.
>
> db

Short Wave Sportfishing
February 25th, 2004, 11:36 AM
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:39:21 GMT, "Calif Bill"
> wrote:

>Which King? King Salmon? King Mackerel? Kingfish (do not need trolling for
>these). King Kong == Bananas.

Really BIG bananas.

So if you used bananas on an umbrella rig, would that make it a banana
rig?

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

Basic Fishing Program:

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
30 - Sleep
40 - Goto 10

Don ßâiley
February 25th, 2004, 03:07 PM
"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:39:21 GMT, "Calif Bill"
> > wrote:
>
> >Which King? King Salmon? King Mackerel? Kingfish (do not need trolling
for
> >these). King Kong == Bananas.
>
> Really BIG bananas.
>
> So if you used bananas on an umbrella rig, would that make it a banana
> rig?
>
> Later,
>
> Tom
> S. Woodstock, CT
> ----------
>
> Basic Fishing Program:
>
> 10 - Fish
> 20 - Eat
> 30 - Sleep
> 40 - Goto 10

Fishings' fun and all but....

Needs to be a 25 in there somewhere. <wink>

db

db

Short Wave Sportfishing
February 25th, 2004, 03:56 PM
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:07:27 -0500, "Don ßâiley" >
wrote:

>"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:39:21 GMT, "Calif Bill"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Which King? King Salmon? King Mackerel? Kingfish (do not need trolling
>for
>> >these). King Kong == Bananas.
>>
>> Really BIG bananas.
>>
>> So if you used bananas on an umbrella rig, would that make it a banana
>> rig?
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Tom
>> S. Woodstock, CT
>> ----------
>>
>> Basic Fishing Program:
>>
>> 10 - Fish
>> 20 - Eat
>> 30 - Sleep
>> 40 - Goto 10
>
>Fishings' fun and all but....
>
>Needs to be a 25 in there somewhere. <wink>

~~ snicker ~~

Well these are family forums, but good point.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

Basic Fishing Program:

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
25 - Flush
30 - Sleep
40 - Goto 10

Calif Bill
February 25th, 2004, 07:34 PM
"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:39:21 GMT, "Calif Bill"
> > wrote:
>
> >Which King? King Salmon? King Mackerel? Kingfish (do not need trolling
for
> >these). King Kong == Bananas.
>
> Really BIG bananas.
>
> So if you used bananas on an umbrella rig, would that make it a banana
> rig?
>
> Later,
>
> Tom
> S. Woodstock, CT
> ----------
>
> Basic Fishing Program:
>
> 10 - Fish
> 20 - Eat
> 30 - Sleep
> 40 - Goto 10

Makes it a Camen Miranda Rig.
Bill

Short Wave Sportfishing
February 25th, 2004, 07:47 PM
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:34:36 GMT, "Calif Bill"
> wrote:

>"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:39:21 GMT, "Calif Bill"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Which King? King Salmon? King Mackerel? Kingfish (do not need trolling
>for
>> >these). King Kong == Bananas.
>>
>> Really BIG bananas.
>>
>> So if you used bananas on an umbrella rig, would that make it a banana
>> rig?
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Tom
>> S. Woodstock, CT
>> ----------
>>
>> Basic Fishing Program:
>>
>> 10 - Fish
>> 20 - Eat
>> 30 - Sleep
>> 40 - Goto 10
>
>Makes it a Camen Miranda Rig.

You and I must be about the same age because I actually understand
that reference.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

Basic Fishing Program:

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
30 - Sleep
40 - Goto 10

Calif Bill
February 26th, 2004, 02:12 AM
"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:34:36 GMT, "Calif Bill"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in
message
> >> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:39:21 GMT, "Calif Bill"

> >for
> >>
> >> Really BIG bananas.
> >>
> >> So if you used bananas on an umbrella rig, would that make it a banana
> >> rig?
> >>
> >> Later,
> >>
> >> Tom
> >> S. Woodstock, CT
> >> ----------
> >>
> >> Basic Fishing Program:
> >>
> >> 10 - Fish
> >> 20 - Eat
> >> 30 - Sleep
> >> 40 - Goto 10
> >
> >Makes it a Camen Miranda Rig.
>
> You and I must be about the same age because I actually understand
> that reference.
>
> Later,
>
> Tom
> S. Woodstock, CT
> ----------
>
> Basic Fishing Program:
>
> 10 - Fish
> 20 - Eat
> 30 - Sleep
> 40 - Goto 10

I'm 60 and figured some may have to google it.
Bill

Chumlee
February 26th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Found # 25

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
25 - Drink
30 - Sleep
40 - Goto 10

"Calif Bill" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in
message
> > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:34:36 GMT, "Calif Bill"
> > > wrote:
> >

> > >"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in
> message

> trolling
> > >for

> > >Makes it a Camen Miranda Rig.
> >
> > You and I must be about the same age because I actually understand
> > that reference.
> >
> > Later,
> >
> > Tom
> > S. Woodstock, CT
> > ----------
> >
> > Basic Fishing Program:
> >
> > 10 - Fish
> > 20 - Eat
> > 30 - Sleep
> > 40 - Goto 10
>
> I'm 60 and figured some may have to google it.
> Bill

Short Wave Sportfishing
February 26th, 2004, 11:34 AM
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:12:08 GMT, "Calif Bill"
> wrote:

>"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:34:36 GMT, "Calif Bill"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"Short Wave Sportfishing" > wrote in
>message

>trolling
>> >for

>> >Makes it a Camen Miranda Rig.
>>
>> You and I must be about the same age because I actually understand
>> that reference.
>
>I'm 60 and figured some may have to google it.

57 and I suspect you are right. :>)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

Basic Fishing Program:

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
30 - Sleep
40 - Goto 10

Short Wave Sportfishing
February 26th, 2004, 11:36 AM
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:29:26 GMT, "Chumlee"
> wrote:

>Found # 25
>
>10 - Fish
>20 - Eat
>25 - Drink
>30 - Sleep
>40 - Goto 10

Well, if we're going that deep into revision, let's revise.

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
21 - Flush
22 - Drink