PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof trolling motors

Basspro*
February 26th, 2004, 06:02 PM
I own a Motorguide Great White series trolling motor and am extremely
pleased with it. I do alot of fishing in the rain and wondered if
trolling motors are waterproof in heavy downpours. I realize the lower
unit is obviously waterproof but what about the top portion?

LD
February 27th, 2004, 11:22 AM
My foot controlled Motorguide on my duck boat has been there since 1981, not
used much, but never has failed to run properly. It's been out there in
rain, snow, ice, down to around 0deg.
LD

"Basspro*" > wrote in message
om...
> I own a Motorguide Great White series trolling motor and am extremely
> pleased with it. I do alot of fishing in the rain and wondered if
> trolling motors are waterproof in heavy downpours. I realize the lower
> unit is obviously waterproof but what about the top portion?

Short Wave Sportfishing
February 27th, 2004, 11:57 AM
On 26 Feb 2004 10:02:27 -0800, (Basspro*) wrote:

>I own a Motorguide Great White series trolling motor and am extremely
>pleased with it. I do alot of fishing in the rain and wondered if
>trolling motors are waterproof in heavy downpours. I realize the lower
>unit is obviously waterproof but what about the top portion?

Oh yeah.

I have the same motor on my Ranger 200C - I've buried the bow in the
East Passage of Narragansett or out at Race Rock more than once and it
hasn't failed me yet.

Good trolling motor.

Later,

Tom