PDA

View Full Version : Picture of record Jewfish 680 lbs - Where ??

Gunny Bunny
February 28th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Anyone know where I can see a pic of this fish caught in Florida ?

Frank Meigs
March 9th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Isn't the Jewfish a Federally protected fish?
"Gunny Bunny" > wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
> Anyone know where I can see a pic of this fish caught in Florida ?

Short Wave Sportfishing
March 9th, 2004, 01:02 PM
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 04:07:09 GMT, Capt Nemo wrote:

>"Gunny Bunny" > wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
>> Anyone know where I can see a pic of this fish caught in Florida ?
>

>"Florida State Record: Conventional tackle record for Jewfish (now
>called "Goliath Grouper" and a protected spedies),is 680 pounds,
>caught off Fernandina Beach on May 20, 1961 by Mr. Lynn Joyner." "
>
>I doubt that any photos were taken.

There were because I remember seeing a picture of the fish WAY back
then and I believe that it was in a sporting magazine or some such.

I know one exists. Maybe just not on the web.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)

licker
March 9th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Conventional tackle record for Jewfish is 680 pounds, caught off Fernandina
Beach on May 20, 1961. It may be hard to find a picture of it. But try
http://www.landbigfish.com/gallery/gallery.cfm?photo=479 for a picture of a
larger one.

Sarge

Phishrace
March 11th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Short Wave Sportfishing > wrote in message >...
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 04:07:09 GMT, Capt Nemo wrote:
>
> >"Gunny Bunny" > wrote in message
> able.rogers.com...
> >> Anyone know where I can see a pic of this fish caught in Florida ?
> >

> >"Florida State Record: Conventional tackle record for Jewfish (now
> >called "Goliath Grouper" and a protected spedies),is 680 pounds,
> >caught off Fernandina Beach on May 20, 1961 by Mr. Lynn Joyner." "
> >
> >I doubt that any photos were taken.
>
> There were because I remember seeing a picture of the fish WAY back
> then and I believe that it was in a sporting magazine or some such.
>
> I know one exists. Maybe just not on the web.

Google images had a few hits. This one went over 700 pounds and was
caught with a spear:

http://www.outdoorsite.com/site/go.cfm/owner/4F1F292A-315F-4E8A-8D5CC3A2DDEE5D20

-Phish