PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report : Flagler County, FL - 03/17/2004 - High Bridge park

MrCruise
March 18th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I headed up to High Bridge Park today after work. It's been so very long
since I've been fishing! At christmass, I blew up that old camaro I had
and I don't have much confidence with the trailer on the back of my new
van, because I can't see it to back up! But finally, I couldn't take it
anymore and I went out.. alone.. and very slowly and carefully managed to
back the trailer down the ramp using the side mirrors. It's going to take
some getting used to, but I think i'll be ok now. Anyway.. Onto the
fishing report... My motor needs some parts, so I'm a trolling motor guy
again ... It's not so bad. I spend the time traveling between spots
throwing lures at the banks.. I got lots of hits from small trout on the
way to get bait. When getting bait, I ruined my net on a submerged log!
Hated! But i pulled the log out and it won't ruin my net again. Then i
went up to the waterway at Gamble Rogers park throwing a bright green
(chartreuse) jig. Lots of hits.. I assume from small trout. Got to my spot
and fished some live mullet. I caught A catfish pretty much right away.
EW. After abotu 40 minutes of nothing.. I started the long trip back.. But
before I could go.. I caught Another Catfish. Ew. Again, while "motoring"
back, I was throwing that same chartreuse lure and I landed one of those
Trout that had been hitting my bait all the way up. It was 16 inches. The
temperate dropped fast! I was glad to be in the warm van when I got back
to the ramp. If you would like to see all of the photos i took today, then
please visit my web page at
http://www.openverse.org/Fishing/Fishing-03-17-2004/

Cruise - Gotta love the florida weather,
LipHooked.Com - A florida fishing community
http://www.liphooked.com

Allen
March 19th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Hate to break the news but high bridge park is in Volusia Co. The back
drop behind that fish photo looks like the east side area along the
intercoastal river lookin north,
just N of the drawbridge. or off the cat walk.
(see map in the local phone book) Just to add a small note...
the weakfish ( silver trout) was biting down at the mouth of spruce creek
and the intercostal ww. Brought 3 home all over 16 "!
Took 4 dozen shrimp... all the smalls kept stealin them.
Stop in at http://sea4two.net and say hello.
Allen
p.s.#1
you must have been usin frozen mullet to catch mister hardhead
p.s.#2 open the back doors of the van when you back up....
you can see your boat then.
p.s. #3 check ou the bellsouth sea4two mirror site. You can see some of
my photos and upload some of yours...
http://home.bellsouth.net/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=66517&ck=

"MrCruise" > wrote in message

> I headed up to High Bridge Park today after work. It's been so very long
> since I've been fishing! At christmass, I blew up that old camaro I had
> and I don't have much confidence with the trailer on the back of my new
> van, because I can't see it to back up! But finally, I couldn't take it
> anymore and I went out.. alone.. and very slowly and carefully managed to
> back the trailer down the ramp using the side mirrors. It's going to take
> some getting used to, but I think i'll be ok now. Anyway.. Onto the
> fishing report... My motor needs some parts, so I'm a trolling motor guy
> again ... It's not so bad. I spend the time traveling between spots
> throwing lures at the banks.. I got lots of hits from small trout on the
> way to get bait. When getting bait, I ruined my net on a submerged log!
> Hated! But i pulled the log out and it won't ruin my net again. Then i
> went up to the waterway at Gamble Rogers park throwing a bright green
> (chartreuse) jig. Lots of hits.. I assume from small trout. Got to my spot
> and fished some live mullet. I caught A catfish pretty much right away.
> EW. After abotu 40 minutes of nothing.. I started the long trip back.. But
> before I could go.. I caught Another Catfish. Ew. Again, while "motoring"
> back, I was throwing that same chartreuse lure and I landed one of those
> Trout that had been hitting my bait all the way up. It was 16 inches. The
> temperate dropped fast! I was glad to be in the warm van when I got back
> to the ramp. If you would like to see all of the photos i took today, then
> please visit my web page at
> http://www.openverse.org/Fishing/Fishing-03-17-2004/
>
> Cruise - Gotta love the florida weather,
> LipHooked.Com - A florida fishing community
> http://www.liphooked.com

Allen
March 20th, 2004, 11:49 PM
I missed a thought about your net.... if you ruined a net...once
how can you ruined it a second time ?
Unless you get the net fixed.... and throw it over same tree.
but since you removed the tree branch...you won't
ruin your fixed net the 1st time since it has been fixed.
unless you buy a net and catch ot on another tree...
then you can ruin it the1st time again at the same
spot on the tree you didn't see.. ain't not...

p.s.
just a little Pa. Dutch Humor from Allen @
long line just for the spamers

"MrCruise" > wrote in message

> I headed up to High Bridge Park today after work. It's been so very long
> since I've been fishing! At christmass, I blew up that old camaro I had
> and I don't have much confidence with the trailer on the back of my new
> van, because I can't see it to back up! But finally, I couldn't take it
> anymore and I went out.. alone.. and very slowly and carefully managed to
> back the trailer down the ramp using the side mirrors. It's going to take
> some getting used to, but I think i'll be ok now. Anyway.. Onto the
> fishing report... My motor needs some parts, so I'm a trolling motor guy
> again ... It's not so bad. I spend the time traveling between spots
> throwing lures at the banks.. I got lots of hits from small trout on the
> way to get bait. When getting bait, I ruined my net on a submerged log!
> Hated! But i pulled the log out and it won't ruin my net again. Then i
> went up to the waterway at Gamble Rogers park throwing a bright green
> (chartreuse) jig. Lots of hits.. I assume from small trout. Got to my spot
> and fished some live mullet. I caught A catfish pretty much right away.
> EW. After abotu 40 minutes of nothing.. I started the long trip back.. But
> before I could go.. I caught Another Catfish. Ew. Again, while "motoring"
> back, I was throwing that same chartreuse lure and I landed one of those
> Trout that had been hitting my bait all the way up. It was 16 inches. The
> temperate dropped fast! I was glad to be in the warm van when I got back
> to the ramp. If you would like to see all of the photos i took today, then
> please visit my web page at
> http://www.openverse.org/Fishing/Fishing-03-17-2004/
>
> Cruise - Gotta love the florida weather,
> LipHooked.Com - A florida fishing community
> http://www.liphooked.com

MrCruise
March 22nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
Allen wrote:

> Hate to break the news but high bridge park is in Volusia Co. The back
> drop behind that fish photo looks like the east side area along the

I was fishing north of high bridge, Which is in flagler county. Unless I'm
wrong. I've been wrong before.
When I go south of the bridge towards the basin, I usually put volusia
county in the photos page tile :) The photo of the trout was taken about
midway between the bridge and gamble rogers park. Where there is a feeder
creek that empties into the river.

Hi :)

Cruise - went out sunday too.