PDA

View Full Version : Re: Looking forAlligator Gar TIPS

Eric
September 22nd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Try a wire leader, tied to Power Pro Fishing Line. I would use Power
Pro 30lb which is the diameter of like 10lb mono and it won't cut
your eyelets like other braided lines.

Good Luck,
-Eric
www.sal****ersportswear.com
Best Fishing Shirts in Town!

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:25:15 -0500, roger moore > wrote:

>looking for tips on catching alligator gars here in south texas. i
>have lost a 4 footer and a 6 footer. if anyone has tips or suggestions
>let me know.

mrdancer
September 22nd, 2003, 03:48 PM
"roger moore" > wrote in message
> looking for tips on catching alligator gars here in south texas. i
> have lost a 4 footer and a 6 footer. if anyone has tips or suggestions
> let me know.

Use spinnerbaits and replace the rubber skirt with either a frayed nylon
rope, or pantyhose.

For a fun twist, fish for them with a long cane pole. Just before the line
breaks, let go of the cane pole - they will run a short distance, where you
can once again pick up the cane pole and fight them some more. That's how
they fish for muskies up north anywayz.....