PDA

View Full Version : Re: question

mrdancer
September 22nd, 2003, 03:48 PM
"barbz" > wrote in message ...
> Zone Alarm is okay, but I finally sprung for McAfee. I also downloaded a
> free app called 'Spybot Search and Destroy,' which handles those
> websites that upload spyware, popups, and other unwanted grabage onto
> your system. Ever visit a site and wind up with icons on your desktop
> you don't remember acquiring? Spybot handles that.

I'm using ZA, NAV, Spybotsd and AdAware6. I occasionally use ProPort, also.
People need to learn that their computers need housekeeping, too!

> All this crap going on...there oughta be a law!

One of the reasons for the spread of the latest virus is because there are
still a lot of computer newbies out there who actually believe it is a
message from MicroSoft.

Maybe there should be a law requiring a basic education in computers and the
internet before people are allowed to get online (although that would really
irritate ALL of the software companies that assume you're online already).