PDA

View Full Version : waiting for the rain

September 23rd, 2003, 03:14 AM
ahh its that time again -- when is it going to rain enough to bring the
salmon up river??? Last year it was sooooo late -- and it's looking like
late again this year.

Man i can hardly wait.

Terry Bullard
September 24th, 2003, 02:12 PM
>ahh its that time again -- when is it going to rain enough to bring the
>salmon up river??? Last year it was sooooo late -- and it's looking like
>late again this year.
>
>Man i can hardly wait.

I guess you don't live in the upper Puget Sound huh?
We received a few days of down pour and on the incoming tide you could walk
across their backs. They were humps but what the hell, grin. No lice, so they
have been hanging in the Sound for a while waiting to get a sniff of
freshwater.
Terry
--
Crayfishing Made Easy!
http://www.terrybullard.com

Webmaster
September 25th, 2003, 05:01 AM
I couldn't agree more. It has been 80 degrees plus down here in central to
eastern Washington. I spent a day in the heat fishing near Mcnary on the
Columbia river for Salmon. They were very thick on the fish finder but
weren't biting. I thought about inventing a down rigger net. Drag the bottom
and scoop them up... Perhaps I will begin the rain dance tonight!
www.fishingnw.com