PDA

View Full Version : downriggers

Bigwhitetail
September 29th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Hi All,

My father has recently purchased a boat and before spring wishes to put on
some electric downriggers. Unfortunately we are uncertain of the
differences in quality between manufacturers for such a product. I was
wondering if anyone can tell me which brand name has the best record for
electric downriggers? Im sure this can be very subjective but I would be
greatful for any input.

Bob Gramza
September 29th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Scotty downriggers are highly regarded. If I were to mount any they would be
Scotty's
http://www.scotty.com/scotty_products.htm

"Bigwhitetail" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Hi All,
>
> My father has recently purchased a boat and before spring wishes to put on
> some electric downriggers. Unfortunately we are uncertain of the
> differences in quality between manufacturers for such a product. I was
> wondering if anyone can tell me which brand name has the best record for
> electric downriggers? Im sure this can be very subjective but I would be
> greatful for any input.

September 30th, 2003, 11:00 AM
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:56:45 GMT, "Bigwhitetail" >
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>My father has recently purchased a boat and before spring wishes to put on
>some electric downriggers. Unfortunately we are uncertain of the
>differences in quality between manufacturers for such a product. I was
>wondering if anyone can tell me which brand name has the best record for
>electric downriggers? Im sure this can be very subjective but I would be
>greatful for any input.

I can only tell you that I bought a pair of VERY old Walker electric downrigger
for my boat and the guys at Walker STILL serviced them for practically nothing.
$15 including shipping for a new shaft, drive springs, a new counter and the
labor to install included. I have never owned a product of ANY type where the
service extended for the lifetime of the product regardless of who owned it.
There are few companies that stand behind their products like Walker does.

September 30th, 2003, 06:48 PM
All the major companies make very reliable equipment, some say Scotty's are
more efficient powerwise, If only the rest of the boat and equipment was as
trouble-free. Mine are on their second boat and counting.