PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lee NC fish report

Ookie Wonderslug
September 30th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Went to Lee for a couple hours today. Used nightcrawlers. Went with my
sister and her daughter. I caught 9 fish, 8 of them catfish. The other
was a bluegill. Sis caught 4 cats. Learned something interesting.
Never judge a lake's depth by the size of it's dam. Lake Lee's dam is
about 25 ft tall. The water directly behind the dam is only 8.5ft
deep. The difference is silt. Eventually there will not be a lake
there anymore. It will be a marsh with a waterfall. But for now, it
is a place for fishing and there are fish there. Just not anywhere
near where you can bank fish. So don't bother trying. Otherwise, it's
a pretty good lake,

barbz
October 1st, 2003, 05:32 AM
Ookie Wonderslug wrote:
> Went to Lee for a couple hours today. Used nightcrawlers. Went with my
> sister and her daughter. I caught 9 fish, 8 of them catfish. The other
> was a bluegill. Sis caught 4 cats. Learned something interesting.
> Never judge a lake's depth by the size of it's dam. Lake Lee's dam is
> about 25 ft tall. The water directly behind the dam is only 8.5ft
> deep. The difference is silt. Eventually there will not be a lake
> there anymore. It will be a marsh with a waterfall. But for now, it
> is a place for fishing and there are fish there. Just not anywhere
> near where you can bank fish. So don't bother trying. Otherwise, it's
> a pretty good lake,

Sounds like a fun day! Enjoy it while you can, I guess.

barbz