PDA

View Full Version : rod building

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 20th, 2003, 02:05 PM
"jason ganter" > wrote in message
.. .
> can someone give me info on a building a rod turner

For wrapping the guide thread for for applying the epoxy? If you're looking for something to simply
turn the rod while epoxying the rod, look for a rotisserie motor or try these links.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0011079315948a&navAction=
jump&navCount=1&indexId=&podId=&catalogCode=&parentId=&parentType=&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcom
mon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml_A&_DAV=AdvancedSearch&hasJS=true

or this rig. It's less expensive and works just fine.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jhtml?id=0003513311429a&navActio
n=jump&navCount=2&indexId=&podId=&catalogCode=&parentId=&parentType=&rid=&cmCat=AdvancedSearch&_DARG
S=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.2_A&_DAV=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcontent%2FPod%2F00
%2F35%2F13%2Fp003513ii01.jpg&hasJS=true

--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

jason ganter
October 21st, 2003, 11:18 AM
can someone give me info on a building a rod turner

Philip R. Gantt
November 9th, 2003, 09:17 PM
I once converted an old sewing machine motor with a foot pedal to use
for rod building. The variable speed was a big advantage.

jason ganter wrote:

> can someone give me info on a building a rod turner

--
Regards,
Philip R. Gantt

Larry and a cat named Dub
November 28th, 2003, 05:55 AM
I am currently building one . Would you like to see a picture when I'm done.
I made the rollers and am using a pop corn machine motor for the power side
of it.
I'm using conduit for the base supports so I can make it as long as I want.
I think it is going to an excellent machine when I'm done