PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend a cheap whip of up to 5-ish meters

Mr Impossible
November 19th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Hi friends,

Could any recommend a cheap whip of up to 5-ish meters? I want to try some
canal pole fishing to see if I enjoy using a pole.

What sort of prices, etc?

Thanks,

Lee.

David Lee
November 21st, 2003, 07:23 PM
First of all, a whip is not a pole. A whip is a different tool altoghether,
which will still be very useful on canals. It i s a completely different
style, but I would reccommend a Shakespeare Tele-Lite. I think you'll get a
5m for under £15 and it puts some of the "better" whips to shame. You might
want to try one of those cheap starter kits, bt bear in mind that if you do
buy a good pole, you'll probably get a much lighter, stiffer too!

Dave
www.cscac.co.uk