PDA

View Full Version : fishin buddy

Allen
December 18th, 2003, 02:33 AM
Every day I see people standing at the dock,watching/fishing at a fishing
pier, fishing off the bank, or even fishing in a boat. They are fishing
alone! Some by choice, and others because they know no one to ask, or others
were never asked because no one knew they liked to fish. There are older
people,young people, men, and woman of all ages. They don't want to ask
anyone for fear of being rejected, or maybe they don't know how to fish, and
are afraid of being laughted at or don't have the correct tackle. Well
enough is enough ! If you want to go fishing or if you want to take someone
with you, lets hear about it. If you have a boat, or if you don't, You still
can find someone here to fish with .. Use the message board, the chat room,
what ever it takes. I'm using this mirror site to get the web page up and
running now, as I work on the main site.
The main site will be http://sea4two.net and is on line now, but needs some
work to make it 100% I'm Located in Port Orange Fl.(just south of Daytona
Beach) and I will be on line, off and on every day to post fishing news,
user photos, and help those who want me to arrange a fishing get together or
a fishing coffee break.. you can send me a message here at
or ... Both sites will be up 24/7 with
NEW features and news every day.
Allen

stop in at http://sea4two.net and chat a while or upload a fishin photo...

or maybe even find someone to go fishin with...

Ookie Wonderslug
December 20th, 2003, 04:38 AM
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:33:29 -0500, "Allen" >
wrote:

>Every day I see people standing at the dock,watching/fishing at a fishing
>pier, fishing off the bank, or even fishing in a boat. They are fishing
>alone! Some by choice, and others because they know no one to ask, or others
>were never asked because no one knew they liked to fish. There are older
>people,young people, men, and woman of all ages. They don't want to ask
>anyone for fear of being rejected, or maybe they don't know how to fish, and
>are afraid of being laughted at or don't have the correct tackle.

Well, I will tell you why you don't see anyone fishing with me. I
can't find anyone who will shut up and sit still for 12 hours in a
row. Every time I take someone fishing it's "I gotta pee" or "I'm
hungry" or "It's hot" or "It's too cold". But mostly it is because
when I say "See ya at 4:00 am" they always say "Nevermind".

I would love to find a female to fish with. Even a butt ugly one. I
feel much more at ease talking to female I don't really know compared
to a male. Long as she wasn't too fat. About 150 pounds evens out the
weight on my boat just perfect. I could leave some of the cinder
blocks in the front if she wasn't big enough though. Anything over 225
pounds and she just won't plane. I guess she could sit in the middle
seat, but then she would be in the way of my fish finder and we can't
have that now, can we? Any ladies wanna meet me at Badin Lake boat
launch at 5:00am this Sunday? No? That's right. But then, I don't
really know if I would want to spend the day with a woman who is
willing to meet a stranger that early and spend the day on a 14ft jon
boat on a multi-thousand acre lake. Something kinda reckless about
that, ya think?

See, that is why I fish alone. All my friends are sleepy slugs who
don't get up until 7:00 am and the few strangers I would be willing to
fish with should be smarter than that.

Good luck with the forum.

Allen
December 20th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Ookie;
You had a few points to make and you made it clear.... You don't
want anyone near you when you fish.. but wouldn't it be nice to
have someone else see you loose that "Big One" you seem to tell everyone
about, that broke your line and got away..
Allen

"Ookie Wonderslug" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:33:29 -0500, "Allen" >
> wrote:
>
> >Every day I see people standing at the dock,watching/fishing at a fishing
> >pier, fishing off the bank, or even fishing in a boat. They are fishing
> >alone! Some by choice, and others because they know no one to ask, or
others
> >were never asked because no one knew they liked to fish. There are older
> >people,young people, men, and woman of all ages. They don't want to ask
> >anyone for fear of being rejected, or maybe they don't know how to fish,
and
> >are afraid of being laughted at or don't have the correct tackle.
>

> Well, I will tell you why you don't see anyone fishing with me. I
> can't find anyone who will shut up and sit still for 12 hours in a
> row. Every time I take someone fishing it's "I gotta pee" or "I'm
> hungry" or "It's hot" or "It's too cold". But mostly it is because
> when I say "See ya at 4:00 am" they always say "Nevermind".
>
> I would love to find a female to fish with. Even a butt ugly one. I
> feel much more at ease talking to female I don't really know compared
> to a male. Long as she wasn't too fat. About 150 pounds evens out the
> weight on my boat just perfect. I could leave some of the cinder
> blocks in the front if she wasn't big enough though. Anything over 225
> pounds and she just won't plane. I guess she could sit in the middle
> seat, but then she would be in the way of my fish finder and we can't
> have that now, can we? Any ladies wanna meet me at Badin Lake boat
> launch at 5:00am this Sunday? No? That's right. But then, I don't
> really know if I would want to spend the day with a woman who is
> willing to meet a stranger that early and spend the day on a 14ft jon
> boat on a multi-thousand acre lake. Something kinda reckless about
> that, ya think?
>
> See, that is why I fish alone. All my friends are sleepy slugs who
> don't get up until 7:00 am and the few strangers I would be willing to
> fish with should be smarter than that.
>
> Good luck with the forum.

Ookie Wonderslug
December 21st, 2003, 03:56 PM
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:33:13 -0500, "Allen" >
wrote:

>Ookie;
> You had a few points to make and you made it clear.... You don't
>want anyone near you when you fish.. but wouldn't it be nice to
>have someone else see you loose that "Big One" you seem to tell everyone
>about, that broke your line and got away..
> Allen

I wasn't saying that I don't want anyone near me when I fish. I said
that all the people I know, and I mean ALL the people I know will not
get up at the time I go fishing. Not one person is willing to awaken
before the sun and go fishing. Not even my kids. No one.

Then I said I would like to meet a female to go fishing with, but I
don't think it very likely. It takes me many YEARS to become
comfortable around people I meet. It took 10 years for me to be
comfortable around my brother-in-law. I have no interest in spending
the day with some guy I just met. I don't like the weird feeling I get
around people I don't know and it would make a day on the lake just
too strange. It's still strange being around a female I don't know,
just not nearly as strange. I believe I could still have a decent time
fishing with a woman I do not know or have just met.

That being said, we all know that many more men go fishing than women.
I have never seen a woman alone in a boat. I have seen some women that
were so ugly that I am sure they scare all the fish away and they
still have a guy with them. I have never seen a woman fishing alone
on a bank either. As far as I know, it just doesn't happen.

Like I said before, sleepy friends and relatives, and a decided lack
of lonely fishing females mean I end up alone on a boat every weekend.

Ross Mac
December 21st, 2003, 11:34 PM
"Ookie Wonderslug" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:33:13 -0500, "Allen" >
> wrote:
>
> >Ookie;
> > You had a few points to make and you made it clear.... You don't
> >want anyone near you when you fish.. but wouldn't it be nice to
> >have someone else see you loose that "Big One" you seem to tell everyone
> >about, that broke your line and got away..
> > Allen
> >

> I wasn't saying that I don't want anyone near me when I fish. I said
> that all the people I know, and I mean ALL the people I know will not
> get up at the time I go fishing. Not one person is willing to awaken
> before the sun and go fishing. Not even my kids. No one.
>
> Then I said I would like to meet a female to go fishing with, but I
> don't think it very likely. It takes me many YEARS to become
> comfortable around people I meet. It took 10 years for me to be
> comfortable around my brother-in-law. I have no interest in spending
> the day with some guy I just met. I don't like the weird feeling I get
> around people I don't know and it would make a day on the lake just
> too strange. It's still strange being around a female I don't know,
> just not nearly as strange. I believe I could still have a decent time
> fishing with a woman I do not know or have just met.
>
> That being said, we all know that many more men go fishing than women.
> I have never seen a woman alone in a boat. I have seen some women that
> were so ugly that I am sure they scare all the fish away and they
> still have a guy with them. I have never seen a woman fishing alone
> on a bank either. As far as I know, it just doesn't happen.
>
> Like I said before, sleepy friends and relatives, and a decided lack
> of lonely fishing females mean I end up alone on a boat every weekend.

Thanks Ookie....my face now hurts from laughing....
The wife and I got a big kick out of your posts....
No, she won't go fishing with me either.....
Maybe you got something here.....
Still laughing, Ross

Allen
December 22nd, 2003, 12:04 AM
Boy are you missing out ! I see ladies of all ages fishing alone, early,
late, and at night. Some are fair in looks
but I look like hell at times to. I seen ladies alone in boats to, some even
fish ... I even had a few go by 1/2 nude,
and they even waved...couldn't tell ya what they looked like I never saw
their face :-) All I say is when you
go fishing and see someone fishing alone near the dock say hello and if
he/her seems like a ok person tell them
maybe you'll take them along some time. You can take it from there. P.S. you
don't have to take them for 12 hrs,
and you don't always have to go at 4 am ! Give me a break, thats the dumbest
reason not to ask. Ask if they have
a computer, tell them to check out http://sea4two.net a new site for
people looking for a fishing friend.
I'll try and find them someone to go fishing with them, someone who isn't
afraid to ....

Allen @ Port Orange, Fl

"Ookie Wonderslug" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:33:13 -0500, "Allen" >
> wrote:
>
> >Ookie;
> > You had a few points to make and you made it clear.... You don't
> >want anyone near you when you fish.. but wouldn't it be nice to
> >have someone else see you loose that "Big One" you seem to tell everyone
> >about, that broke your line and got away..
> > Allen
> >

> I wasn't saying that I don't want anyone near me when I fish. I said
> that all the people I know, and I mean ALL the people I know will not
> get up at the time I go fishing. Not one person is willing to awaken
> before the sun and go fishing. Not even my kids. No one.
>
> Then I said I would like to meet a female to go fishing with, but I
> don't think it very likely. It takes me many YEARS to become
> comfortable around people I meet. It took 10 years for me to be
> comfortable around my brother-in-law. I have no interest in spending
> the day with some guy I just met. I don't like the weird feeling I get
> around people I don't know and it would make a day on the lake just
> too strange. It's still strange being around a female I don't know,
> just not nearly as strange. I believe I could still have a decent time
> fishing with a woman I do not know or have just met.
>
> That being said, we all know that many more men go fishing than women.
> I have never seen a woman alone in a boat. I have seen some women that
> were so ugly that I am sure they scare all the fish away and they
> still have a guy with them. I have never seen a woman fishing alone
> on a bank either. As far as I know, it just doesn't happen.
>
> Like I said before, sleepy friends and relatives, and a decided lack
> of lonely fishing females mean I end up alone on a boat every weekend.

MajBach1
April 30th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Allen:
I checked out your site as I could really use a fishing partner. However, I
find the site confusing. For starters, the icons really don't give you any
indication of what they leadto. Secondly, I have dial up where I am - high
speed just isn't available although
I would up my left testicle for it. Your site takes about 4-5 minutes to
load - I simply don't have the patience.
So far, I haven't been able to check out these connections for partners you
speak about - but I would like to.

"Allen" > wrote in message
> Every day I see people standing at the dock,watching/fishing at a fishing
> pier, fishing off the bank, or even fishing in a boat. They are fishing
> alone! Some by choice, and others because they know no one to ask, or
others
> were never asked because no one knew they liked to fish. There are older
> people,young people, men, and woman of all ages. They don't want to ask
> anyone for fear of being rejected, or maybe they don't know how to fish,
and
> are afraid of being laughted at or don't have the correct tackle. Well
> enough is enough ! If you want to go fishing or if you want to take
someone
> with you, lets hear about it. If you have a boat, or if you don't, You
still
> can find someone here to fish with .. Use the message board, the chat
room,
> what ever it takes. I'm using this mirror site to get the web page up and
> running now, as I work on the main site.
> The main site will be http://sea4two.net and is on line now, but needs
some
> work to make it 100% I'm Located in Port Orange Fl.(just south of Daytona
> Beach) and I will be on line, off and on every day to post fishing news,
> user photos, and help those who want me to arrange a fishing get together
or
> a fishing coffee break.. you can send me a message here at
> or ... Both sites will be up 24/7
with
> NEW features and news every day.
> Allen
>
> stop in at http://sea4two.net and chat a while or upload a fishin photo...
>
> or maybe even find someone to go fishin with...

Allen
May 4th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Sorry about the wide bandwidth page, but you can set your
browser cache to be a little larger, and only refresh when the page
changes or when you want a refresh, The midi takes the longest...
as for the graphics you can set your browser to show the alt. text all
you have to do is hold your mouse over it and a message will appear
and when you hold it over and the arrow changes to a link look
at the bottom left corner of the page and the link syntax will be there.
If there isn't a link you will see nothing in the corner, and your mouse
pointer
won't change. I'm not listing anyone because I seem to get people who
1. don't list a real email address
2. use a name that is factious
I don't want to publish anyones name/email address on line because
of spam and other junk email.
If people would just write what area they live in (city-state) ( they have,
or haven't a boat) and if they want to meet some one in their area,
or where they go on vacation. If I get two or more that match I will
tell those people I have someone who would like to go fishing with them
and give them the others email address. The rest is up to them.
If they go fishing and have photo's, I will post them on the site.
No pop ups from my page!...No membership dues! Everything is free.
Please try again. Stop in @ http://sea4two.net
Look for new links, maps, midi files, photos of people catching fish,
"coming soon" fishing reports and fishing report links from all over the
world.
23,500 hits since 01/01/04. Email your 1st name, area you want to fish
and when. To: If I can
reply back to you, you will then be put on the sea4two
"fishing friends list" Thanks for writing
Allen

. ..